Inderjit Khurana: A Lifelong Contribution to Education & Community

• News
  • Thread starter jobyts
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip
In summary, a woman named Inderjit Khurana passed away last week, leaving behind a legacy of running education, health, and vocational programs for over 8000 children in Orissa, India. Her contributions were recognized and honored globally, and she was selected as one of the top ten New Heroes in the world. Her granddaughter hopes to continue her work with Ruchika Social Services Organization.
jobyts
She passed away last week. In fact, I didn't know who she was until someone sent an obituary note.

Here's something about her work.
http://www.pats-eduent.net/xpeople_8khurana.pdf

Starting a preschool in Orissa, India in 1978 she had been running education, health, nutrition, emergency care, vocational training and other programs for more than 8000 children. Her lifelong contribution which brought about an immense change in the poor children and community has been recognized and honored in many spheres across the globe. She was selected as one of the ten New Heroes in the world by American Public Broadcasting Services, received Worlds Children Prize for Rights of the Child, World Childrens Award, National Award, Shining Leadership Award, Derozio Award and many others.

Physics news on Phys.org
May she rest in peace.

My condolences to those who knew her or who were touched by her work.

Peace be upon her.

My grandmother, Inderjit Khurana, was an amazing grandmother and role model for me. I hope to continue her work with Ruchika Social Services Organization along with my father, who is the representative for fundraising in the United States. Thank you for all your condolences and good wishes.

I am saddened to hear about the passing of Inderjit Khurana. While I may not have known her personally, her lifelong contribution to education and community is truly remarkable. Starting a preschool in Orissa, India in 1978 and running various programs for over 8000 children is a testament to her dedication and passion for improving the lives of others.

It is heartening to see that her work has been recognized and honored globally, including being selected as one of the ten New Heroes in the world. Her efforts in promoting education, health, nutrition, emergency care, and vocational training have undoubtedly brought about immense change in the lives of the poor children and community she served.

I am sure her legacy will continue to inspire others to make a positive impact in their communities. Her contributions to education and community will be remembered and celebrated for years to come. My condolences to her loved ones and may her soul rest in peace.

Related to Inderjit Khurana: A Lifelong Contribution to Education & Community

What is the background and education of Inderjit Khurana?

Inderjit Khurana was born and raised in India. She obtained her Bachelor's degree in Education from Punjab University and a Master's degree in Counseling and Guidance from Delhi University. She also holds a certificate in Leadership Development from the Harvard Business School.

What is Inderjit Khurana's contribution to education and community?

Inderjit Khurana has dedicated her entire life to education and community service. She has been a teacher, counselor, and principal in various schools in India and the United States. She also founded the Khurana Education Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides educational opportunities to underprivileged children in India.

What impact has Inderjit Khurana's work had on the community?

Inderjit Khurana's work has had a significant impact on the community. Through her foundation, she has helped thousands of children in India to access education, breaking the cycle of poverty. She has also inspired and mentored many young educators and community leaders.

What awards and recognition has Inderjit Khurana received for her work?

Inderjit Khurana has received numerous awards and recognition for her contribution to education and community service. She was honored with the Padma Shri, one of the highest civilian awards in India, by the President of India. She has also received the Ellis Island Medal of Honor and the National Education Association Foundation Award for Teaching Excellence.

How can I get involved in supporting Inderjit Khurana's work?

There are various ways to get involved in supporting Inderjit Khurana's work. You can donate to the Khurana Education Foundation or volunteer your time and skills to help with their programs. You can also spread awareness about her work and the importance of education and community service. Follow her on social media and attend events organized by her foundation to stay updated on how you can contribute to her cause.