In-Line Amplifier Schematics | 2 Transistor Chain

• Thread starter Ravaner
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Amplifier
In summary: Thank you for reaching out. In summary, this is an in-line amplifier that is used to compensate for lost coaxial signal when broadcasting over satellite TV. The input and output are powered by DC, and the noise figure is low. This type of amplifier would be best suited for covering a frequency range around 75 MHz. You can find schematics and datasheets for this type of device on RF Global Net, or by Googling.
Ravaner
Hello. I'm looking for the electrical schematics of this kind of in-line amplifier use behind LNB of Sat Tv to compensate coax loss. I'm mainly interested by a 2 transistor amplification chain. My request is to get idea for a personal realization totally out of tv application ...

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ravaner said:
Hello. I'm looking for the electrical schematics of this kind of in-line amplifier use behind LNB of Sat Tv to compensate coax loss. I'm mainly interested by a 2 transistor amplification chain. My request is to get idea for a personal realization totally out of tv application ...

Here is some good starting info on Low Noise Block downconverters: http://www.satsig.net/lnb/explanation-description-lnb.htm

What frequency range do you want to cover with your in-line amplifier? What other specs can you share? Input and output powers, power supplies available, noise figure, etc. :smile:

Thanks for reply. I really need a real schematics of a 2 stages in-line amp. My concern is about : how to connect DC power from output plug to input plug without risk of oscillation. I realized that and I'm unable to kill the oscillation (2 stages -> 180 ° ...)

The DC power is diverted through a LPF. The AC amplifier is designed as a HPF that when considered with the DC LPF has a total gain below unity.

If you want a circuit diagram then you need to give a make and model number or specify the gain and bandwidth requirements of your application.
What is the frequency band you need? How long is your coaxial cable, type number, and what is it's attenuation at what frequencies.

Likes berkeman
Personally I wouldn't even use a one or 2 discrete transistor amplifier
just too much messing around getting impedance matching correct.

you would be much better off using a single MMIC amplifier

here is one of several companies that make them
datasheets with schematics are available for their devices ( free registration)

http://www.rfglobalnet.com/doc/mmic-75-ohm-0001

googling will find other devices ... MMIC's make the job extremely easy ... I wouldn't consider any other wayDave

Related to In-Line Amplifier Schematics | 2 Transistor Chain

1. What is an in-line amplifier schematic?

An in-line amplifier schematic is a diagram that shows the components and connections for a circuit that amplifies a signal. It typically includes two transistors connected in a chain, which work together to boost the strength of an input signal.

2. How does an in-line amplifier work?

An in-line amplifier works by using two transistors connected in a chain. The first transistor amplifies the input signal and sends it to the second transistor, which further amplifies the signal. The output of the second transistor is then sent to the output of the circuit.

3. What are the benefits of using an in-line amplifier schematic?

Using an in-line amplifier schematic allows for the amplification of a signal without introducing significant distortion. It also allows for precise control over the amplification level and can be used in a variety of electronic devices, such as audio amplifiers and signal boosters.

4. What are the main components of an in-line amplifier schematic?

The main components of an in-line amplifier schematic are two transistors, resistors, and capacitors. The transistors act as amplifiers, while the resistors and capacitors help regulate the input and output signals.

5. How can an in-line amplifier schematic be used in scientific research?

In-line amplifier schematics are commonly used in scientific research to amplify and analyze signals from various sources, such as sensors and detectors. They can also be used in experiments that require precise control over signal amplification, such as in biochemistry and neuroscience.