I'm getting ready to watch Brokeback Mountain

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    watch
In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's initial disinterest in the movie Brokeback Mountain, but acknowledges its critical success. They also question the emphasis on love and romance in the commercial and make a comparison to other movies. Finally, there is a humorous exchange about marriage and drinking beer.
tribdog
I had no interest in seeing this movie, then it won all those awards. It better have won because it is good, not because it is the first gay cowboy movie

Physics news on Phys.org
Why is there all this crap in the commercial about love, romance, love, love, more love, romance romance!

Rated R

What the hell is that?

I didn't think love and romance was crap
although if you want to go there I can see the gay cowboy-crap-romance connection

That ice skating show really changed you.

haha oh tribdog, you are such a catapult.

I was hopen this was some sort of sweet shoot em up western but no, its romance. That's like thinking you're about to drink a cold beer on a hot summer afternoon and instead, getting married.

Id rather get married than drink a cold beer on a hot summer afternoon.

Opps, sorry. I though I was replying to the thread "Are we in a black hole?"

Pengwuino said:
Why is there all this crap in the commercial about love, romance, love, love, more love, romance romance!

Rated R

What the hell is that?

Well, Titanic would have been rated R, but people die in that movie as well so it's safer for youngens than Brokeback Mountain.

Related to I'm getting ready to watch Brokeback Mountain

1. What is the plot of Brokeback Mountain?

Brokeback Mountain is a romantic drama film that follows the story of two cowboys, Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist, who meet and fall in love while herding sheep in Wyoming in the 1960s. The film follows their secret and tumultuous relationship over the span of 20 years.

2. Who are the main characters in Brokeback Mountain?

The two main characters in Brokeback Mountain are Ennis Del Mar, played by Heath Ledger, and Jack Twist, played by Jake Gyllenhaal. Other important characters include Ennis's wife Alma, played by Michelle Williams, and Jack's wife Lureen, played by Anne Hathaway.

3. Is Brokeback Mountain based on a true story?

No, Brokeback Mountain is not based on a true story. However, the film is based on a short story of the same name by Annie Proulx.

4. What themes are explored in Brokeback Mountain?

Brokeback Mountain explores themes of forbidden love, societal expectations and pressures, and the struggles of living in a time and place where homosexuality was not accepted. It also examines the complexity of human relationships and the consequences of hiding one's true feelings.

5. Is Brokeback Mountain a critically acclaimed film?

Yes, Brokeback Mountain has received critical acclaim since its release in 2005. It was nominated for eight Academy Awards and won three, including Best Director for Ang Lee. The film has also been praised for its powerful performances and impactful storytelling.