IGOR (Mac) how to save as .pxp

• Thread starter lcr2139
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac
In summary, a .pxp file is a proprietary file format used by the IGOR Pro data analysis software on Mac computers. It contains data, graphs, and other information related to an experiment or project. To save your work as a .pxp file in IGOR, you can go to File > Save Experiment As and select "IGOR Pro Experiment (.pxp)" from the dropdown menu. However, .pxp files can only be opened and edited in IGOR Pro and cannot be opened in other software programs. To ensure compatibility with other versions of IGOR, it is recommended to save your .pxp file in the oldest version or in a more universal format such as .txt or .csv. In case of file corruption
lcr2139
Hello, does anyone know how to save a table as a .pxp file in IGOR on a Mac computer?

Computer science news on Phys.org

Related to IGOR (Mac) how to save as .pxp

1. What is a .pxp file?

A .pxp file is a proprietary file format used by the IGOR Pro data analysis software on Mac computers. It contains data, graphs, and other information related to an experiment or project.

2. How do I save my work as a .pxp file in IGOR on Mac?

To save your work as a .pxp file in IGOR, go to File > Save Experiment As and select "IGOR Pro Experiment (.pxp)" from the dropdown menu. Then, choose a file name and save location for your file.

3. Can I open a .pxp file in other software programs?

No, .pxp files can only be opened and edited in IGOR Pro. However, you can export your data and graphs from IGOR in various formats that can be opened in other programs.

4. How can I ensure that my .pxp file is compatible with other versions of IGOR?

To ensure compatibility, it is recommended to save your .pxp file in the oldest version of IGOR that you or your collaborators will be using. You can also save your file in a more universal format, such as .txt or .csv, for easier sharing.

5. Is there a way to recover a .pxp file if it becomes corrupted?

If your .pxp file becomes corrupted, you may be able to recover it by opening it in a text editor and looking for any obvious errors. You can also try using the "Recover Experiment" function in IGOR to restore the file. It is always a good idea to regularly back up your .pxp files to avoid potential loss of data.