Identities under the Contact Settings

In summary, "Identities" in Contact Settings refer to email addresses or aliases that can be used to send and receive emails within one account. To add a new identity, go to account settings and select the "Identities" tab. A default identity can also be set for outgoing emails, with the option to manually select an identity for each email. To remove an identity, go to the "Identities" tab and click on the "Remove" button. Custom signatures can also be created for each identity in the "Signatures" tab of account settings.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
Does anyone use these: Skype, Google Talk, or Twitter in their physicsforums profile? On occasion I looked at some members' profile pages but did not see much of those identities listed for the member.

Physics news on Phys.org
Those options were only available after our migration so most members won't have seen them.

Related to Identities under the Contact Settings

1. What are "Identities" under the Contact Settings?

"Identities" refer to the different email addresses or aliases that you can use to send and receive emails in your email account. This feature allows you to manage multiple email addresses within one account.

2. How do I add a new identity to my contact settings?

To add a new identity, go to your email account's settings and select the "Identities" tab. Click on the "Add Identity" button and enter the new email address or alias you want to add. You may need to verify the new identity before it can be used.

3. Can I set a default identity for outgoing emails?

Yes, you can choose a default identity to use for all outgoing emails. This can be done in the "Identities" tab of your email account's settings. You can also choose to manually select an identity for each email before sending.

4. How do I remove an identity from my contact settings?

To remove an identity, go to the "Identities" tab in your email account's settings. Find the identity you want to remove and click on the "Remove" button next to it. Keep in mind that removing an identity will also delete all related emails and folders.

5. Can I use a custom signature for each identity?

Yes, you can create a different signature for each identity in your contact settings. This allows you to have a personalized signature for each email address or alias you use. You can manage and edit your signatures in the "Signatures" tab of your email account's settings.