Identify Stansi mystery lab gear from old lab

In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for help in identifying old lab equipment with the clue "Stansi Chicago" on them. They are wondering if there is an old catalog or website they can refer to or if anyone can help by looking at pictures. Another person suggests reaching out to Fisher Scientific, who took over Stansi Scientific Company in 1967.
marcarli
Help. We are cleaning out our lab and under the dust are all kinds of old lab gear which look very cool and expensive but can't figure out what they are for. Only clue is Stansi Chicago on some of them. Is there an old catalog or website I can go to so I can identify stuff? If I posted pictures here would anyone be able to help? What is the best way to proceed?

Mark

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes post pictures.

FWIW the Stansi Scientific Company, Chicago, was taken over by Fisher Scientific in 1967, to start Fisher's education division. You might be able to get some information from Fisher, if PF doesn't answer the question.

Related to Identify Stansi mystery lab gear from old lab

1. What is Stansi mystery lab gear?

Stansi mystery lab gear refers to laboratory equipment that was manufactured by the company Stansi, but the specific function or purpose of the equipment is unknown.

2. How can I identify Stansi mystery lab gear?

The best way to identify Stansi mystery lab gear is by looking for the company's logo or name on the equipment. You can also try searching for the model number or any other identifying marks on the equipment.

3. Why is it important to identify Stansi mystery lab gear?

Identifying Stansi mystery lab gear can help determine the equipment's function and proper use. It can also provide information on the equipment's safety precautions and maintenance requirements.

4. Are there resources available to help identify Stansi mystery lab gear?

Yes, there are several online databases and forums where scientists and lab technicians can share information and images of Stansi mystery lab gear to help with identification. You can also consult with other professionals in the field.

5. Can I still use Stansi mystery lab gear if I cannot identify it?

It is not recommended to use Stansi mystery lab gear if you are unable to identify its function and purpose. It is important to properly understand and use laboratory equipment to ensure accurate and safe experiments.