IAEA: No Iranian nuclear arms plans

• News
  • Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nuclear
In summary, the International Atomic Energy Agency has said its inspectors have not found any evidence to support US accusations that Iran has a secret nuclear weapons programme.
russ_watters said:
You mean a former sailor, right?

I was navy, yes. Are navy personnel not soldiers in your country? Do they use civilians instead?

Physics news on Phys.org
Very astute!
russ_watters said:
You mean a former sailor, right?
Adam said:
I was navy, yes…
Soldier? Sailor? Cub Scout?

Obviously Adam cannot tell us this:
Originally Posted by Adam
As a former soldier, I can tell you that when the enemy has been expecting your attack for months, but has no viable way of stopping you, moving forward at 20mph or 40mph won't make any difference;

Are you saying navy personnel are not soldiers? Yes or no?

Wow, 3 pages of bickering, this is amusing.

That's what internet message boards are for! :D

Adam said:
Are you saying navy personnel are not soldiers? Yes or no?
I've never met a sailor that would refer to himself as a "soldier." Most would be insulted by the insinuation that he was in the Army.

I have. Not every nation separates their Military into Air Force Army and Navy

Some have more than those three branches of the military.

Here, the navy is the senior branch of the military. However, there is quite a lot of crossover training and work. After all, we have only 75,000 personnel to protect about seven and a half million square kilometres (in comparison, the USA has over 1.3 million personnel to protect around nine and a half million square kilometres). Which means, yes, I did the marching around in the middle of nowhere for days on end with minimal supplies, shooting, and pages of other things. Actually I did more training than the infantry do (particularly now, since the training in all three branches has been made so much easier). In fact I did more training than an old USA military associate who did both army and marines training.

And the fun part is that I'm the only one among my little social group who is qualified to put a Harpoon missile into someone's ship. Oh, and I'm not allowed to have anaesthetic or talk in my sleep without a superior officer present. Honestly, sometimes I think the whole military/government thing is the biggest joke we humans ever played on ourselves. :D

I know that the USSR had all of them grouped in one with a compeletely different command structure than we in the west have. I think its more efficient.