I really like what you've done with the place

• Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation praises the new facelift and features of the site, with multiple users expressing their appreciation and excitement. One user mentions the highlight-to-quote function specifically, while another notes that there may still be some minor issues to resolve. Overall, the changes are seen as a positive step for the site and its users.
Dembadon
Gold Member
The site looks great. I've been away for awhile and came back to this excellent facelift with new features. Thank you to all who contributed! I especially like the highlight-to-quote functionality.

Last edited:
Likes Jozape, cristo and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks Dem! Still working out the kinks and we have more features left to unveil once the ship is sailing smooth

I second the OP's opinion. Excellent step ahead Greg!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Long time reader of the forums and loooove the new look and functions. Little things to iron out yet I imagine but totally worth it from my perspective. I decided to actually make a profile to celebrate the new PhysicsForums era!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
The site is much more dynamic, hence more users will feel a lot more comfortable here. Thanks for the great work @staff !

Likes Greg Bernhardt and cristo

Related to I really like what you've done with the place

1. What does "I really like what you've done with the place" mean?

This phrase is often used as a compliment to someone who has made changes or improvements to a physical space, such as a home or office. It implies that the speaker appreciates the changes that have been made and finds the space more appealing as a result.

2. Is "I really like what you've done with the place" a genuine compliment?

In most cases, yes. This phrase is commonly used as a sincere compliment to acknowledge someone's efforts and creativity in transforming a space. However, it is always important to consider the tone and context in which it is said, as it could potentially be used sarcastically or insincerely.

3. Can "I really like what you've done with the place" be used in a professional setting?

While this phrase is commonly used in casual settings, it can also be appropriate in a professional setting. It can be a polite and positive way to acknowledge someone's work and make them feel appreciated for their efforts. However, it is important to consider the context and tone in which it is said, as it could potentially come across as insincere or inappropriate in certain situations.

4. What is the appropriate response to "I really like what you've done with the place"?

A simple "thank you" is a suitable response to this compliment. You could also express your gratitude by saying something like "I'm glad you like it, thank you for noticing" or "I appreciate your kind words".

5. Is "I really like what you've done with the place" only used for physical spaces?

No, this phrase can also be used to compliment someone on their work or achievements. For example, you could say "I really like what you've done with the project" or "I really like what you've done with your career". It can also be used in a more figurative sense to acknowledge personal growth or positive changes in someone's life.