I need Savonius Model on SIMULINK

In summary, the simulation of Darrieus rotors in Simulink was successful, but finding a Savonius model has proven to be difficult. However, there are resources available that can help with this problem.
Hako_Algeria
Hi there,
I'm trying to simulate savonius and Darrieus rotors in simulink.
below is brief summary of how much i have done:-
1. I found Darrieus model
2. Darrieus MATLAB code done.
3. the simulation was great and successful
but...
1. I couldn't find Savonius model
2. I tried with a difficult one, i couldn't simulate that
please anyone can help about this problem

thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
so muchThe best place to start when looking for a Savonius model is to search online for research papers that have already used the model. You might also look into the Simulink Model Exchange website which offers a number of free models related to wind turbines and other energy sources. The website also hosts a number of tutorials and examples that could help you get started with your own simulation. Additionally, there are a number of textbooks and resources available online that can provide additional information on the principles behind Savonius rotors.

Related to I need Savonius Model on SIMULINK

1. What is a Savonius Model?

A Savonius Model is a type of vertical axis wind turbine that consists of two or more curved blades attached to a central shaft. It is designed to capture wind energy from any direction and convert it into rotational energy that can be used to generate electricity or perform other mechanical tasks.

2. How does a Savonius Model work?

The curved blades of a Savonius Model are shaped like half-cylinders and are placed perpendicular to the ground. As wind blows against the blades, it creates a lift force that causes the blades to rotate. This rotation is then transferred to the central shaft, which can be connected to a generator or other machinery.

3. What is SIMULINK?

SIMULINK is a simulation software developed by MathWorks that is commonly used in engineering and scientific fields. It allows users to model and simulate dynamic systems using block diagrams and mathematical equations.

4. Why would someone need a Savonius Model on SIMULINK?

A Savonius Model on SIMULINK can be used to simulate and analyze the performance of a vertical axis wind turbine. This can help in designing more efficient turbines and predicting their behavior under different wind conditions.

5. Can SIMULINK accurately model a Savonius Model?

Yes, SIMULINK can accurately model a Savonius Model as it has built-in blocks and libraries specifically designed for modeling wind turbines. However, the accuracy of the simulation results also depends on the accuracy of the input parameters and assumptions used in the model.