I have the power to make women speechless

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of making women speechless and the value of such a skill. The participants joke about the idea of paying for the secret and the exceptions to the rule. They also discuss the idea of talking and kissing at the same time and the ultimate woman who can talk to herself. The conversation ends with a joke about a hairy tongue and the difference between men and women in dealing with issues.
Mr wolram said:
It works even on Lisa :smile:
You can think like that if it makes you happy!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa! said:
You can think like that if it makes you happy!

Failure :cry: It is imposable :-p

Mr wolram said:
Failure :cry: It is imposable :-p
But impossible is possible, Sir! Be hopeful. :wink:

Moonbear said:
russ_watters said:
I do too, but I think I could get arrested for that...
Heh heh, I was just going to comment that it would take something along those lines to make me speechless...or at least to stop talking for a little bit. :biggrin: I can't talk and...um..uh... well, y'know :blushing: :redface: at the same time.
I'm pretty certain russ was talking about duct tape, but your post is so confusing that I'm ... well ... left speechless. :smile:

BobG said:
I'm pretty certain russ was talking about duct tape, but your post is so confusing that I'm ... well ... left speechless. :smile:
When I was a little kid and people said 'duct tape', I heard it as 'duck tape', and I used to wonder how it got its name... :eek:

honestrosewater said:
When I was a little kid and people said 'duct tape', I heard it as 'duck tape', and I used to wonder how it got its name... :eek:
Because Duck Tape is a brand of duct tape, perhaps?

honestrosewater said:
I don't think you just heard it as "duck" tape, I think a lot of people say it that way.

hmmmmm...

Moonbear said:
I don't think you just heard it as "duck" tape, I think a lot of people say it that way.
I could clear this up for you, but Wikipedia does a better job with less effort by me:
Duct tape (originally known as duck tape) is a strong, fabric-based, multi-purpose adhesive tape, usually silver in color, although many other colors, including transparent, are also available, and is usually 2 inches (50 mm) wide. It was originally developed during World War II in 1942 as a waterproof sealing tape for ammunition casings. Permacel, then a division of Johnson & Johnson, used a rubber-based adhesive to help the tape resist water and a fabric backing to facilitate ripping. Because of these properties, it was also used to quickly repair military equipment, including jeeps, guns, and aircraft.
Because the original tape was made of cotton duck fabric, and it repelled moisture like "water off a duck's back", it was originally referred to as "duck tape". The original term came into modern usage with the introduction of "Duck Tape", a registered trademark of Duck Products.
After the war, the housing industry boomed and people started using duct tape for many other purposes. The name "duct tape" came from its use on heating and air conditioning ducts, a purpose for which it, ironically, has been deemed ineffective by the state of California and by building codes in most other places in the U.S. (which means professionals are restricted from using it in systems they install, but do-it-yourselfers are not). However metallized and aluminum tapes used by professionals are still often called "duct tapes".

Funny they don't mention how miraculously it can hoist cleavage under an evening gown. :biggrin: A major selling point. Maybe that's a best kept secret. I learned it in my beauty pageant days along with the vaseline-on-the-teeth and Preparation-H-under-the-eyes tricks. :wink:

How did that vaseline taste? Or the preparation-H?

Math Is Hard said:
Funny they don't mention how miraculously it can hoist cleavage under an evening gown.
Ouch! How do you get it off! I once put scotch tape on my eyebrows and eyelids (got to experiment!) it was not pleasant taking it off. Duct tape is much more adhesive than the transparent scotch tape. Well, I guess if you ladies can rub hot wax in and, use it to rip out your hairs, I guess you can survive anything.

Last edited:
Scotch tape - there's another intriguing name for a kind of tape...

Where is Mr wolram? Have you made him speechless? :wink:

Mk said:
I could clear this up for you, but Wikipedia does a better job with less effort by me:
In Canada it is said that it is one of the two essentials of life, the other being WD40.

One is used to make the world stop and the other makes it go.

Lisa! said:
Where is Mr wolram? Have you made him speechless? :wink:

Only you have that power Lisa :wink:

Mr wolram said:
Only you have that power Lisa :wink:
A good method to make me speechless! :blushing: