I have a difficulty with thermodinamics theory

In summary, If you are having difficulty understanding the definition of entropy for a gas at low temperature, I suggest seeking out resources and talking to your professor or a tutor for help.
izik
Hi everybody. Can someone help me?

i have a difficulty with the definition of entropy for a gas in low temp. The difficulty risses in the different casses for the entropy of bose particles as well as the entropy of vibrating and rotating molecules. The mathematics is simplest in the case of vibrating diatomic molecules so ill keep with this example.
Assume a gas with N diatomic molecules with a given frequency w which defines a single energy quantum homework such that the vibrational energy of each molecule is a whole number of quantaq hw. assume that the total energy is Khw where K is a whole number signifficuntly smaller then N.
the number of quantum states is as far as I can see equivalent to the case of placing K identical balls in N boxes which gives N in power K divided by K!. The entropy is by definition KlnN-KlnK which is not aditive and does not coply from the results of applying Gibbes equation.
Every help is welcome

Science news on Phys.org
.If you are having difficulty understanding the definition of entropy for a gas at low temperature, I suggest taking a look at some textbooks or online resources that cover the topic. A good place to start is with thermodynamics, as entropy is an important concept in this field. You can also read up on the mathematics behind entropy, such as the equations of Gibbs and Boltzmann. This will help you better understand how entropy works in different cases. Additionally, you can talk to your professor or a tutor to get a better understanding of the concept.

Related to I have a difficulty with thermodinamics theory

1. What is thermodynamics theory?

Thermodynamics theory is a branch of physics that deals with the relationships between heat, work, temperature, and energy. It explains how energy is transformed and transferred in physical systems.

2. Why is thermodynamics theory important?

Thermodynamics theory is important because it helps scientists understand and predict the behavior of systems at a macroscopic level, such as engines, power plants, and chemical reactions. It also has practical applications in fields such as engineering, chemistry, and biology.

3. What are the laws of thermodynamics?

The laws of thermodynamics are fundamental principles that govern the behavior of energy and matter in systems. The first law states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted. The second law states that the total entropy of a closed system will never decrease over time. The third law states that the entropy of a pure crystalline substance at absolute zero temperature is zero.

4. What are some common difficulties with thermodynamics theory?

Some common difficulties with thermodynamics theory include understanding the abstract concepts, applying the laws to real-world situations, and dealing with complex mathematical equations. Many students also struggle with visualizing thermodynamic processes.

5. How can I improve my understanding of thermodynamics theory?

To improve your understanding of thermodynamics theory, it is important to have a strong foundation in basic physics and mathematics. You can also try visualizing thermodynamic processes using diagrams or models. Practice solving problems and seek help from teachers or peers if needed. Additionally, reading and studying from reputable sources can also enhance your understanding of the subject.