I got in a yelling match with a Republican State Representative Candidate.

• News
  • Thread starter wasteofo2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Match State
In summary, the field trip consisted of going out and engaging with voters, and the highlight was when the driver of a blue sedan that had a John Kerry sticker on it pulled up to a red light and Candidate X himself was sitting in the passenger seat. He was very friendly and joked with me about not voting for Kerry.
wasteofo2
Today, I went on a field trip with the Young Democrats Club to campaign for Kerry. We bassically just were spread out to busy intersections, given signs, and told to look enthusiastic. It was actually fun, and I had little mini-conversations with people stopped at red lights, thanking them for voting for Kerry and urging them to get their friends to, or asking people to explain (in about 7 seconds) why they had voted for Bush.

The highlight of the day was when some beat up blue sedan rolled up to a red light. On the back window it had a sticker saiyng "Support Candidate X, Republican State Representative Candidate". I can't remember the name exactly, but I'll try to find out which district I was in and fill it in later. Anyway, on the sticker, there was Candidate X's picture. In the passenger seat of the car (the side facing me), sitting there, with the window open, was none other than Candidate X himself.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to talk to him and asked "Sir, sir, will you be voting for John Kerry today?" He responded, jokingly saying "Absolutelyyyyyy NOT". I said "C'mon, John Kerry stands for..." but was cut off by him yelling something at me, then I repeated myself, louder, saying "John Kerry stands for fiscal responsibility!", and he kept shouting some campaign slogan at me and drove off.

Possibly the funniest thing that's ever happened to me, I hope that guy doesn't get elected, and doubt he will, since he was the passenger in such a crappy beat-up car.

Anyone else ever had a yelling match with a politician?

Physics news on Phys.org
No because where not all heathen Democrats, whose values are based on the communism system.

Hahahahaha you silly democrat... I'll enjoy watching Kerry loose tonight.

Man, this guy is hard to find. I figured out that I was in Bucks Country, Pennsylvania in the 8th congressional district, but I just can't find this guy on any Pa politics or GOP run website...

Spectre32 said:
No because where not all heathen Democrats, whose values are based on the communism system.

Hahahahaha you silly democrat... I'll enjoy watching Kerry loose tonight.
Wait...

What?

You haven't had a yelling match with a politician because your values aren't based on communism?

What?

My values aren't based on communism.

Communist values don't encourage yelling at politicians.

He started yelling at me first.

What are you talking about?

Thank you Spectre for enforcing the stereotype that republicans consider Democrats communist and heathens. Oh well.

wasteofo2 said:
Man, this guy is hard to find. I figured out that I was in Bucks Country, Pennsylvania in the 8th congressional district, but I just can't find this guy on any Pa politics or GOP run website...

Heh, maybe the republicans consider him an embarassment to their fine institution, and are trying to keep him low-key?

Yeah I rule like that.

I think spectre knows the guy you're looking for

I think spectre knows the guy you're looking for

Methinks spectre is the guy you're looking for.

Related to I got in a yelling match with a Republican State Representative Candidate.

What caused the yelling match between the scientist and the Republican State Representative Candidate?

The yelling match likely occurred because the scientist and the candidate had differing opinions on a specific political issue or topic.

Did the scientist and the Republican State Representative Candidate resolve their disagreement?

It is not specified whether the disagreement was resolved or not.

Were there any witnesses to the yelling match?

It is not specified whether there were any witnesses present during the yelling match.

What consequences, if any, did the scientist face for getting into a yelling match with a political candidate?

The consequences would depend on the specific circumstances and location of the yelling match. It is possible that the scientist may have faced repercussions from their employer or the community for their behavior.

How can scientists effectively engage in political discussions without resorting to yelling matches?

Scientists can effectively engage in political discussions by staying informed on current events and being respectful and open-minded when discussing differing opinions. They can also try to find common ground and focus on finding solutions rather than arguments.