I don't know what classes to take in order.

• Thread starter biologyboy89
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Classes
In summary, the individual is considering going back to college for biology but is limited to one class per semester due to financial constraints. They are unsure how to approach the field since they struggled with math and did not take any science classes in high school. They are seeking advice on what courses they should take to build a strong foundation for biology, including whether they need to learn chemistry. It is recommended that they first ensure they have the prerequisite courses and then take their first-year biology course to gauge their interest and progress in the subject.
biologyboy89
Hello, I was thinking of going back to college for biology but the problem I am having is that I can only have one class per semester (Lack of money) and I am unsure how to approach this field, in high school I was horrible at math (Didn't even pass Alb 1) I didn't take any science classes of any sort in high school. What should I take in order to build a strong foundation to my biology? Do I need to learn chemistry? I am just unsure what to take first, second ect ect.

Thanks in advanced for any help. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
First you need to make sure you have the prerequisite coursed for any college-level course you take. For a biology course, this usually means high-school level biology and chemistry. Most colleges will have 'upgrading' high school-level courses for those who need them. After that - take your first year biology course and see where it takes you.

Ok, I wasn't sure how it was going to be. Thank goodness that they have that so I don't have to suffer and be in embarrassed from the lack of knowledge. Thank you so much :)

Related to I don't know what classes to take in order.

What classes do I need to take in order to graduate?

The classes you need to take in order to graduate depend on your major and the requirements set by your university. It is important to meet with your academic advisor to determine which classes you need to take in order to fulfill your graduation requirements.

How many classes do I need to take each semester?

The number of classes you should take each semester also depends on your major and the requirements set by your university. Typically, students take around 15-18 credit hours per semester, but this may vary. Your academic advisor can help you determine the appropriate number of classes to take based on your individual situation.

What classes should I take first?

The classes you should take first will depend on your major and the prerequisites for each class. It is important to consult your academic advisor and create a plan for your course schedule in order to ensure you are taking the necessary classes in the correct order.

Can I take classes outside of my major?

Yes, many universities allow students to take a certain number of classes outside of their major as electives. These classes can help broaden your academic experience and may also fulfill general education requirements. However, it is important to make sure you are still meeting the requirements for your major and graduation.

What classes are required for my major?

The classes required for your major will be outlined in your university's course catalog. You can also consult with your academic advisor to determine the specific classes you need to take in order to complete your major requirements. It is important to regularly check for any updates or changes to your major requirements.