I dont know how to graph these pendulum things

In summary, the conversation discusses how to plot graphs of frequency versus amplitude, mass, and length for a pendulum with a constant mass and amplitude. The equations used include L=g/(4π^2f^2) for length and the method of finding frequency for amplitude and mass involves timing the pendulum's swings.
virusvial

Homework Statement

with frequency as the dependent variable, plot graphs of frequency versus
(i)Amplitude, for a length of cm and a constant mass
(ii)mass, for a length of 100cm and constant amplitude
(iii)length, for a constant amplitude and constant mass.

Homework Equations

i think i got one for length but not for the others

(iii)L=g/(4π^2f^2)
(ii)?
(i)?

The Attempt at a Solution

(iii)
L=9.8/(4π^2(0.10)^2=24.8 cm
L=9.8/(4π^2(0.20)^2=6.2 cm
L=9.8/(4π^2(0.30)^2=2.7 cm
L=9.8/(4π^2(0.40)^2=1.55 cm
L=9.8/(4π^2(0.50)^2=0.99 cm

i did this from 0.10 Hz - 1 Hz
i took the answers and plotted them on the graph

(ii)??

(i)??

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

The question doesn't ask you to find any formulas, though you probably can find them from the graphs. For (i) you would have to swing your pendulum through a small amplitude, perhaps 1 cm, and time 20 or so swings to find the frequency. That's one point on your frequency vs amplitude graph. Repeat with a larger amplitude, say 2 cm, and see what the frequency is. You'll need at least 5 points to make a decent graph.

Related to I dont know how to graph these pendulum things

1. What is a pendulum?

A pendulum is a weight suspended from a pivot point that swings back and forth due to the force of gravity. It is often used to demonstrate the concept of periodic motion.

2. How do you graph a pendulum?

To graph a pendulum, you will need to measure the displacement (distance) of the pendulum from its resting position at different points in time. These measurements can then be plotted on a graph with time on the x-axis and displacement on the y-axis.

3. What factors affect the motion of a pendulum?

The motion of a pendulum is affected by several factors, including the length of the pendulum, the mass of the weight, and the strength of gravity. Air resistance and friction can also affect the motion of a pendulum.

4. How does the length of a pendulum affect its motion?

The length of a pendulum affects its motion by changing the period of the pendulum, which is the time it takes for the pendulum to complete one full swing. A longer pendulum will have a longer period, while a shorter pendulum will have a shorter period.

5. What is the formula for calculating the period of a pendulum?

The formula for calculating the period of a pendulum is T = 2π√(L/g), where T is the period, L is the length of the pendulum, and g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s² on Earth). This formula assumes that the pendulum swings in a small arc and that there is no air resistance or friction.