I am ready to make a mechanical drawing but have issues

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of finding a rod that has both grooved bearing and linear bearing with no slop. The concept of "press fit" tolerance is also brought up, with questions about what size rod would be press fit and what size would locate without pressing. The individual expresses a desire for an engineering friend they can trust and is given resources such as the Engineers Edge website and the Machinery's Handbook.
Hyperthread
One question is, I need a rod that both has grooved bearing tightly fit and a linear bearing on the same rod with no slop. Is this possible? What is a "press fit" tolerance? If I have a 0.5 hole, what size rod will be press fit? What size will locate without pressing? Boy I wish I had an engineering friend that I trusted. Thank-you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Thank-you.

Related to I am ready to make a mechanical drawing but have issues

1. How can I improve my mechanical drawing skills?

There are a few ways to improve your mechanical drawing skills. First, practice regularly and consistently. This will help you become more familiar and comfortable with the tools and techniques. Second, seek feedback from others, whether it be from a teacher, colleague, or online community. This can help you identify areas for improvement and learn from others. Third, consider taking a class or workshop specifically focused on mechanical drawing to learn new techniques and approaches.

2. What common issues may arise when making a mechanical drawing?

Some common issues that may arise when making a mechanical drawing include distorted proportions, incorrect measurements, and misaligned angles. It is important to double check your measurements and use tools such as rulers and protractors to ensure accuracy. Additionally, regularly stepping back and looking at your drawing as a whole can help identify any proportion or alignment issues.

3. How can I troubleshoot issues with my mechanical drawing?

If you encounter issues with your mechanical drawing, try breaking down the drawing into smaller, simpler components. This can help you identify where the issue is occurring and make necessary adjustments. Additionally, referring to reference materials or seeking feedback from others can also help troubleshoot any problems.

4. What tools do I need to make a mechanical drawing?

The tools needed for a mechanical drawing may vary depending on the specific drawing and your personal preferences. However, some common tools include pencils, erasers, rulers, protractors, compasses, and drafting templates. It is also helpful to have a clean and well-lit workspace, as well as reference materials such as technical drawings or photographs.

5. How can I make my mechanical drawing more precise?

To make a mechanical drawing more precise, it is important to use accurate measurements and tools such as rulers and protractors. Additionally, using drafting or engineering scales can help you achieve precise and consistent measurements. Taking your time and working carefully can also contribute to a more precise drawing.