Hydrostatic force incline plane

In summary, The speaker understands all the concepts but is unsure where the equation Yc=hc/sin 60 comes from. They are more visual and would benefit from seeing it explained or demonstrated. They also have questions about why they need to divide the two shears and the concept of ratio.
Marchese_alex
I understand all the concepts, the only thing I don't know is were does Yc=hc/sin 60 comes from.
Im kind of visual, if you could upload how you do it, it would help

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 486
Physics news on Phys.org
Marchese_alex said:
I understand all the concepts, the only thing I don't know is were does Yc=hc/sin 60 comes from.
Im kind of visual, if you could upload how you do it, it would help

Where is Yc? Is it the hypoteneuse of the triangle with hc?

Got it...

Can someone explain why do I need to divide the two shears?(last step)

Attachments

• 0de5c50fb7170d12062c9489d830aa5f.jpg
    0de5c50fb7170d12062c9489d830aa5f.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 440
Is ratio calculated just by dividing two things?

That's the definition of 'ratio'.

Related to Hydrostatic force incline plane

What is hydrostatic force on an incline plane?

Hydrostatic force on an incline plane is the force exerted by a fluid, such as water, on an object placed on an inclined surface. This force is perpendicular to the surface and is caused by the weight of the fluid above the object.

How is hydrostatic force calculated on an incline plane?

Hydrostatic force on an incline plane can be calculated using the formula F = ρghA, where ρ is the density of the fluid, g is the acceleration due to gravity, h is the height of the fluid above the object, and A is the area of the object in contact with the fluid.

What factors can affect the hydrostatic force on an incline plane?

The hydrostatic force on an incline plane can be affected by the density of the fluid, the acceleration due to gravity, the height of the fluid, and the shape and size of the object in contact with the fluid. Other factors, such as surface roughness and fluid viscosity, may also play a role.

How does the angle of incline affect hydrostatic force?

The angle of incline can greatly affect the hydrostatic force on an incline plane. As the angle increases, the force parallel to the incline plane also increases, while the force perpendicular to the plane decreases. This can result in a net force that either pushes the object down the incline or holds it in place.

What are some real-world applications of hydrostatic force on an incline plane?

Hydrostatic force on an incline plane is used in various engineering and design applications. For example, it is used in designing dams and canals, determining the stability of ships, and calculating the pressure on submerged structures, such as pipelines and underwater cables.