Hydrogen Atom (this is not chemistry)

In summary, the conversation discusses a simplistic model of the hydrogen atom and the determination of the magnetic field at the proton due to the electron's orbit. The formula for B at the center of a current loop is suggested for finding the correct answer.
throllen

Homework Statement

A rather simplistic model of the hydrogen atom has a single electron revolving around a nuclear proton with an orbital radius of 5.40E-9 m at a speed of 5.00E+6 m/s. Determine the magnetic field at the proton due to the electron.

Homework Equations

B=u0*I/2piR

I=Q/t

V/R=2pif

f=1/T

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to do V/R to get the angular frequency, converted to frequency then period. Take the period and divide it by the charge of an electrons. After putting the current in the formula, I got 0.000873 T, but it's wrong... any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
Your formula for B is for a long straight wire.
Use the formula for B at the center of a current loop.

Related to Hydrogen Atom (this is not chemistry)

1. What is a Hydrogen Atom?

A Hydrogen Atom is the simplest and most abundant atom in the universe. It consists of one proton in its nucleus and one electron in its orbit.

2. How is a Hydrogen Atom formed?

Hydrogen atoms are formed through a process called nucleosynthesis, which occurs in the cores of stars. It involves the fusion of protons and neutrons to form a Hydrogen nucleus, also known as a proton.

3. What is the atomic structure of a Hydrogen Atom?

The atomic structure of a Hydrogen Atom consists of a tiny, positively charged nucleus composed of one proton and a negatively charged electron orbiting the nucleus in a circular path.

4. What is the significance of Hydrogen Atoms?

Hydrogen atoms are essential for life as we know it. They make up a large portion of the molecules found in living organisms, including water and organic compounds. Hydrogen is also used as a fuel source and is an integral part of many industrial processes.

5. How are Hydrogen Atoms studied by scientists?

Scientists use a variety of techniques to study Hydrogen Atoms, including spectroscopy, which involves analyzing the light emitted or absorbed by atoms. They also use mathematical models and computer simulations to understand the behavior and properties of Hydrogen Atoms in different environments.