Hydraulic Car Jack Help: Answering a Question on Hydraulics | PDF Attached

In summary, the conversation is about a question related to hydraulics that has been attached as a PDF. The first part of the question has been answered, but the person is unsure about how to proceed with the second part. They apologize for the format and mention that they will start posting images directly if someone can tell them how. The conversation also includes a discussion about missing attachments and tabs on the computer.
Dcoz
I've attached a PDF with a question related to hydraulics. I've answered (not sure if it was correctly) the first part of the question, but not sure where to start on the second.

Thank you for any help.

p.s. sorry for it being in PDF format. If someone is able to tell me how I can directly post images in my post, I'll start doing that.

Attachments

• Hydraulics car jack.pdf
    128.6 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
No attachment here.

Upload your images to site like imageshack and then paste the 'forum' link.

Somethng must be wrong with me with all these missing attachments today. I blame it on the invention of tabs (current count 64).

Thank you rock.freak667, but I'm use to going to an old forum to find the important information needed, contained in an image deleted on a image hosting site.

Hopefully this post will help others for generations to come. :smile:

Related to Hydraulic Car Jack Help: Answering a Question on Hydraulics | PDF Attached

1. How do I use a hydraulic car jack?

To use a hydraulic car jack, first locate the designated jack points on your vehicle. These are usually located near the tires and are marked with a notch or a raised area. Then, place the jack under the designated jack point and pump the lever until the vehicle is lifted to your desired height. Always make sure to use jack stands for additional support and safety.

2. How much weight can a hydraulic car jack support?

The weight capacity of a hydraulic car jack can vary, but most standard jacks have a weight capacity of 2-3 tons. It is important to check the weight capacity of your specific jack before using it to ensure it can safely support the weight of your vehicle.

3. How do I maintain my hydraulic car jack?

To maintain your hydraulic car jack, make sure to keep it clean and free of any debris or oil. Check the level of hydraulic fluid regularly and top it up if needed. It is also important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for any specific maintenance procedures.

4. Can I use a hydraulic car jack on any type of vehicle?

Hydraulic car jacks can be used on most types of vehicles, including cars, SUVs, and light trucks. However, it is important to check the weight capacity and lifting range of your specific jack to ensure it is compatible with your vehicle.

5. What should I do if my hydraulic car jack is not working properly?

If your hydraulic car jack is not working properly, first check for any visible damage or leaks. If there are no visible issues, it is best to stop using the jack and have it inspected by a professional. Do not attempt to use a damaged or malfunctioning jack as it can be dangerous.