HUD display on car's rear wind shield

In summary, the speaker is interested in displaying their HUD on their car's rear windshield to show their hypermiling driving techniques to drivers behind them. They have not found any existing devices that can do this and are asking for suggestions on how to achieve their goal. They drive a hybrid Honda Civic 2010 and are thanking the audience in advance. The term hypermiling refers to energy-efficient driving techniques, but it may not be helpful to other drivers.
Nish6242
Hello Guys ,

I want to have my HUD displayed on my car's rear wind shield so that the driver just behind my car has an idea of my driving (Hypermilling) :cool:

I have been looking for a possibility to do this but till now I only saw devices that projects the display on the front wind shield, visible to the driver only.

1. Are there any existing device to project the display the way I want ?

If not can some one hint me on how I can achieve my aim.

PS : I drive a hybrid Honda civic 2010 (having the OBD II port).

Thanking you guys in advance :wink:

Engineering news on Phys.org
Nish6242 said:
so that the driver just behind my car has an idea of my driving (Hypermilling)

What does that mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy-efficient_driving
http://www.hypermiler.co.uk/hypermiling/hypermiling-techniques

Any device that projects on the front windscreen will work on the rear. Though, you'll have to mirror the image and it may not be visable to other drivers. Either sunlight or headlights will wash it out.

What information do you need to transmit to drivers behind? I'd guess other drivers get frustrated following you? Telling them you're hypermiling is unlikely to help..

Likes berkeman

Related to HUD display on car's rear wind shield

What is a HUD display on a car's rear windshield?

A HUD (Head-Up Display) is a digital display that projects information onto the windshield of a car, allowing the driver to view important information without taking their eyes off the road.

What kind of information can be displayed on a HUD?

A HUD can display a variety of information, such as speed, navigation instructions, incoming calls and messages, and warnings from driver assistance systems.

How does a HUD display work?

HUD displays use a projector to project the information onto the windshield. This is typically achieved through the use of a transparent reflective film that is attached to the windshield, which reflects the projected image to the driver's line of sight.

Are HUD displays safe to use while driving?

Yes, HUD displays are designed to be safe to use while driving. Since the information is projected onto the windshield, the driver can view it without having to look down at a dashboard or center console, reducing the risk of distraction.

Can a HUD display be installed on any car?

Not all cars are equipped to support HUD displays. Some cars may require additional installation or modifications to the windshield, while others may come with a built-in HUD display. It's best to consult with a professional to determine if a HUD display can be installed on a specific car.