How to Use Implicit Differentiation to Solve for y' in xy^1/2 = 1 + x^2y

In summary, a "Hard Implicit D. question" is a type of question that requires critical thinking and problem-solving skills to answer. To approach these questions, you should carefully read and break down the question into smaller parts, and identify any clues or keywords that may help you determine the answer. To successfully answer a "Hard Implicit D. question", you will need strong critical thinking skills, the ability to make logical connections between different pieces of information, and the ability to apply your knowledge and understanding to new situations. These types of questions can be found in all fields of science and can be improved through practice and a thorough understanding of key concepts.
ms. confused
How do I correctly differentiate this using implicit differentiation:

xy^1/2 = 1 + x^2y

I got to here before I started wondering how I would properly isolate y':

((1/2xy)^-1/2)y + y'x = 2xy + x^2y'

How far off the beaten path am I on this?

Physics news on Phys.org
The right hand side of your equation looks OK. Redo the left side.

Related to How to Use Implicit Differentiation to Solve for y' in xy^1/2 = 1 + x^2y

1. What is a "Hard Implicit D. question"?

A "Hard Implicit D. question" is a type of question that involves complex concepts or ideas that are not explicitly stated. These types of questions require critical thinking and problem-solving skills to answer.

2. How do you approach a "Hard Implicit D. question"?

The first step in approaching a "Hard Implicit D. question" is to carefully read and understand the question. Then, break down the question into smaller parts and identify any clues or keywords that may help you to determine the answer.

3. What skills are needed to successfully answer a "Hard Implicit D. question"?

To successfully answer a "Hard Implicit D. question", you will need strong critical thinking skills, the ability to make logical connections between different pieces of information, and the ability to apply your knowledge and understanding to new situations.

4. Can "Hard Implicit D. questions" be found in all fields of science?

Yes, "Hard Implicit D. questions" can be found in all fields of science. These types of questions are designed to challenge your understanding and application of scientific concepts and principles.

5. How can I improve my ability to answer "Hard Implicit D. questions"?

Practice is key to improving your ability to answer "Hard Implicit D. questions". Make sure to review and understand key concepts in your field of study, and challenge yourself with practice questions and problems that involve implicit thinking.