How to turn off the share sidebar

• Thread starter Strilanc
  • Start date
In summary, turning off the share sidebar involves going to the settings or preferences section of the specific platform or application and disabling the share sidebar feature. This can be done by toggling off the option or selecting the appropriate settings that prevent the share sidebar from appearing on the screen. By doing so, users can limit the sharing options available and have a clutter-free viewing experience.
Strilanc
Science Advisor
The new "share" sidebar is very annoying to me. It waits a few seconds then jumps out to make you notice it. Every. Single. Page. View.

Is there a way to turn it off? Apparently it can be done forum-wide, but a personal setting works fine too.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know what you're talking about, because I block those things in every page via browser add-ons.

I could recommend some browser add-ons for you, if you're interested? What browser are you using?

DataGG said:
I don't know what you're talking about, because I block those things in every page via browser add-ons.

I could recommend some browser add-ons for you, if you're interested? What browser are you using?

I'm using Chrome.

(Well, technically I also use Firefox but on Firefox I have noscript installed and it transparently blocks it. And if it didn't I'd use remove-it-permanently.)

Strilanc said:
I'm using Chrome.

(Well, technically I also use Firefox but on Firefox I have noscript installed and it transparently blocks it. And if it didn't I'd use remove-it-permanently.)

In chrome you've an add-on called "HTTP Switchboard". It's the best Ad-on I've ever used, in any browser. It's kind of like Noscript. Give it a try! Also, for an adblocker, use ublock (microblock, mublock). Much better than* adblock plus.

Let me know what you think.

*Thank you Dembadon :P

Last edited:
Sounds good to me.

Related to How to turn off the share sidebar

What is the share sidebar?

The share sidebar is a feature on certain websites or applications that allows users to quickly share content or links with their friends or followers on social media or other platforms.

Why would I want to turn off the share sidebar?

Some users may prefer not to share certain content or may find the share sidebar to be distracting or intrusive. Turning it off can also improve the speed and performance of the website or application.

How do I turn off the share sidebar?

The process for turning off the share sidebar may vary depending on the specific website or application. Look for a settings or preferences option, or try right-clicking on the share sidebar to see if there is an option to disable it.

Will turning off the share sidebar affect my ability to share content?

Yes, if you turn off the share sidebar, you will no longer be able to quickly share content through that feature. However, you can still manually share links or content through your preferred social media or messaging platforms.

Is it possible to turn off the share sidebar permanently?

In most cases, yes, you can turn off the share sidebar permanently by changing your settings or preferences. However, some websites or applications may reset this setting after updates or changes, so you may need to periodically check and turn it off again if necessary.