How to Solve for B in a Complex Equation

In summary, the conversation discusses a system of equations with unknown constants, h and k, and the goal is to find values for h and k that satisfy the system. The conversation also includes a question about solving for a variable, B, in a complex equation.
bonfire09

Homework Statement

Suppose are h and k are unknown constants.
The equations are:
-3x-5y-6z=-4
8x+6y-9z=8
19x+17y+hz=k

if h≠A then A=?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I know that h is some number so that this system of equations has one or more solutions. Yet I'm having trouble where to start.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
would i have to use reduced echelon form?

Could you please state the entire problem? Find h and k so that what is true about the system? That there exist a unique solution or that the exist many solutions or that there is no solution?

You say 'if [itex]h\ne A[/itex] then A= ?' where did "A" come from?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I have an equation with one unknown. This is the 'B' in the equation. I need to solve for 'B'. Can you help me to rearrance this complex equation to solve for B in terms of everything else please?

=(() - (DCRMgAl)) ∗ ^(−∗(()+()))+ ((DCRMgAl )- (DCRAl ))∗ ^(−∗∗() )+((Al) - (DCRMg)) ∗ ^(−∗(()+()))

Related to How to Solve for B in a Complex Equation

1. What is a matrix with unknown constants?

A matrix with unknown constants is a mathematical representation of a system of equations where the values of some or all of the variables are not known. These unknown constants are typically represented by letters or symbols in the matrix.

2. How do you solve a matrix with unknown constants?

To solve a matrix with unknown constants, you can use various methods such as Gaussian elimination, Cramer's rule, or matrix inversion. These methods involve manipulating the equations and using properties of matrices to find the values of the unknown constants.

3. What are the applications of matrices with unknown constants?

Matrices with unknown constants are commonly used in various fields such as engineering, physics, and economics to model real-world systems. They can also be used in computer graphics, cryptography, and optimization problems.

4. Can a matrix with unknown constants have multiple solutions?

Yes, a matrix with unknown constants can have multiple solutions. This can happen when the equations are not independent, meaning that one equation can be derived from another. In this case, the unknown constants can have infinite solutions or no solutions at all.

5. What is the difference between a matrix with unknown constants and a matrix with known constants?

The main difference between these two types of matrices is that a matrix with unknown constants has variables that need to be solved, while a matrix with known constants already has specific values assigned to the variables. In other words, a matrix with unknown constants represents an unsolved system of equations, while a matrix with known constants represents a solved system of equations.