How to go from micro operations to a logic diagram

In summary, the conversation discusses a question related to designing an arrangement of extra gates around a JK F-F to achieve a specific output with 6 inputs. The inputs include T1, T2, and T3 as non-overlapping signals, and x, y, and v as control logic signals. Potential solutions involve creating a next state table and considering the relationship between the different signals. Other opinions and approaches are also welcome.
Cocoleia

Homework Statement

I am preparing for my final and I am stuck on the following question
upload_2016-12-16_8-26-57.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

My best guess would be to make some kind of next state table, but I don't understand the relationship between xT1, yT2, yT3 and any kind of table.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll take a wild guess. Other opinions are welcome.

T1, T2 and T3 are non-overlapping signals.
x, y and v are some sort of control logic signals.

When T1 goes HIGH it allows the value of x if high to cause the F-F to reset to LOW
When T2 goes HIGH it allows the value of y if high to make the F-F output HIGH
When T3 goes HIGH it allows the value of v if high to make the F-F output HIGH

Your task: design the arrangement of extra gates you need around the standard JK F-F to achieve this with these 6 inputs.

holly-1756.gif

Related to How to go from micro operations to a logic diagram

1. How do I identify micro operations in a system?

To identify micro operations in a system, you need to break down the system into smaller components and analyze their functions. You can also refer to the system's design or functional specifications for a list of micro operations.

2. What is the purpose of creating a logic diagram from micro operations?

The purpose of creating a logic diagram from micro operations is to visually represent the sequence of operations and their relationships in a system. This helps to better understand the logic behind the system and identify potential errors or improvements.

3. What are the steps involved in converting micro operations to a logic diagram?

The steps involved in converting micro operations to a logic diagram include identifying the inputs and outputs of each operation, determining the sequence of operations, and representing them using logic gates, symbols, and connectors.

4. Can I use any software to create a logic diagram from micro operations?

Yes, there are various software programs available that can help you create a logic diagram from micro operations. Some popular options include Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, and Draw.io.

5. How do I ensure the accuracy of my logic diagram?

To ensure the accuracy of your logic diagram, it is important to carefully analyze and review each micro operation and its relationship with other operations. You can also seek feedback from other team members or subject matter experts to identify any potential errors or improvements.