Hasse Diagram of Non-Isomorphic Lattices

• Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Diagram
In summary, there are 15 non-isomorphic lattices on six elements, each represented by a Hasse diagram. A poset is a set with a relationship of reflexivity, anti-symmetry, and transitivity on its elements, while a lattice is a poset where every two elements have a unique least upper bound and greatest lower bound. A lattice is self-dual if its orientation remains the same when inverted. A link is provided with all 15 lattices, including the seven self-dual ones.
Raghav Gupta

Homework Statement

There are 15 non-isomorphic lattices on six elements. List them in the form of Hasse diagrams. Among these, identify the seven lattices that are self-dual.

Homework Equations

None required here.

The Attempt at a Solution

Hasse diagram are made to represent a poset( partially ordered set) or a lattice.
Posets are set which follow the relationship of reflexive, anti-symmetric and transitivity on its elements.
Lattice are posets in which every two elements must have a unique least upper bound or unique greatest lower bound.
non - isomorphic lattices are non- similar lattices. Self dual to me in simple terms means when we invert a hasse diagram, it's orientation is same.

In the image below I don't know how the 15 lattices with 6 elements are drawn with logic.
20160905_220120.jpg

Here I found a link from net.
http://math.chapman.edu/~jipsen/mathposters/lattices7.pdf

Physics news on Phys.org
In this link you will find all 15 lattices and also the seven self dual lattices.I have described the solution to the best of my knowledge.

Related to Hasse Diagram of Non-Isomorphic Lattices

1. What is a Hasse Diagram?

A Hasse Diagram is a graphical representation of a partially ordered set, with elements represented as nodes and relationships between elements represented as lines connecting the nodes.

2. What is a lattice?

A lattice is a partially ordered set in which every pair of elements has a unique greatest lower bound and a unique least upper bound.

3. How do you determine if two lattices are isomorphic?

To determine if two lattices are isomorphic, you can compare their Hasse Diagrams. If the Hasse Diagrams have the same shape and structure, then the lattices are isomorphic.

4. What is the significance of non-isomorphic lattices?

Non-isomorphic lattices have different structures and relationships between elements, which can provide valuable insights in various fields such as mathematics, computer science, and physics.

5. How many different non-isomorphic lattices are possible for a given number of elements?

The number of non-isomorphic lattices for a given number of elements follows a mathematical sequence, known as the Dedekind numbers. For example, there are 2 non-isomorphic lattices with 2 elements, 5 with 3 elements, and 29 with 4 elements.