How Can I Stop Procrastinating and Maximize My Study Time?

• Thread starter jamalkoiyess
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Work
In summary: Hahahahahaha as i have seen from multiple people babies are easier to handle than teenagers hahahaAt this point you are right Jam. My parents used to felt that, when I was teen.
jamalkoiyess
Hello PF,
So now I have my final exams and I was working for a couple of hours when I find that I have worked well for a while and start using my phone for a couple of minutes but spend so much time on it that I can hardly do anything later in the day and this happens everyday that it gets really frustrating sometimes because I want to work so hard but I can't just get the will power to stop procrastinating and actually start working. I am grateful for any advice.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi jam:

If you use a cell phone, then I suggest you give your cell to a friend you trust to keep for you until exams are over.

Regards,
Buzz

Well the real key to this kind of thing is self-discipline.

Some tips:
  1. You don't need your smart phone. If it's too much of a distraction for you, when you go to the library don't take it with you. Or if you're studying in your room, turn it off and lock it in a drawer.
  2. Schedule study time. Schedule breaks. Part of an advanced education is learning how you learn. Some people need a ten minute break every hour. Some people can go hard for three hours, but then need to take an hour off. Making constructive use of down time is an essential part of studying.
  3. Nutrition. Eating well is something that gets overlooked often by students. But if your diet is making you lethargic, you'll struggle to concentrate and maintain focus for prolonged periods. Limit your portions. Limit the junk food. Half of everything that goes into your mouth should be a vegetable or a fruit.
  4. Sleep. Get good sleep, for the same reason. Caffeine may get you through the rough days, but long term, your brain needs good sleep.
  5. Get regular exercise. Your body will want to move if you're sedentary for long periods of time and that will make it difficult to concentrate.
  6. Start with the most challenging tasks first. This will leave the easy stuff for later in the day when you have less executive control.

Likes jamalkoiyess, ProfuselyQuarky and Buzz Bloom
Buzz Bloom said:
Hi jam:

If you use a cell phone, then I suggest you give your cell to a friend you trust to keep for you until exams are over.

Regards,
Buzz

Thanks for advice

Choppy said:
Well the real key to this kind of thing is self-discipline
Thanks for advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Choppy said:
Well the real key to this kind of thing is self-discipline.
But are you sure that making such a change wouldn't affect my work ? I eat all the time last time did exercice was 25 days ago ... i have 10 days left for the exams. So big changes like this can cause trouble right ?

Last edited by a moderator:
jamalkoiyess said:
But are you sure that making such a change wouldn't affect my work ? I eat all the time last time did exercice was 25 days ago ... i have 10 days left for the exams. So big changes like this can cause trouble right ?

Well, a lot depends on how much change you want to see.

If you don't exercise regularly, you don't need to go and tire yourself out by attempting a marathon. But you could start with a morning jog around the block, or biking to the library. Similar for other things - a complete diet change is perhaps not the best idea, but eating better will help.

Likes jamalkoiyess
My baby makes full day workout for me, taking care of a child is not easy. He wakes me up in every two hrs at nights.

eloisamaturen said:
My baby makes full day workout for me, taking care of a child is not easy. He wakes me up in every two hrs at nights.

Good luck with him :)

Thanks Jam,
Having a baby will make you also to do daily workouts, why not, try this idea (kidding dude)

eloisamaturen said:
Thanks Jam,
Having a baby will make you also to do daily workouts, why not, try this idea (kidding dude)

Hahahahahaha as i have seen from multiple people babies are easier to handle than teenagers hahaha

At this point you are right Jam. My parents used to felt that, when I was teen.

Related to How Can I Stop Procrastinating and Maximize My Study Time?

1. How can I manage my time more efficiently to get more work done in a day?

The key to managing your time efficiently is to prioritize your tasks. Create a to-do list and rank your tasks in order of importance. This will help you focus on the most important tasks first and avoid wasting time on less important tasks. Additionally, try to eliminate distractions and take short breaks throughout the day to stay focused and productive.

2. What are some strategies for increasing productivity and completing tasks more quickly?

One strategy is to break down larger tasks into smaller, more manageable tasks. This can help you stay motivated and make progress more quickly. Another strategy is to use time-blocking, where you schedule specific blocks of time for certain tasks. This can help you stay on track and avoid multitasking, which can actually decrease productivity.

3. How can I avoid feeling overwhelmed and burnt out from trying to do too much in a day?

It's important to set realistic expectations for yourself and not take on more than you can handle. If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed, try delegating tasks to others or asking for help. It's also important to take breaks and prioritize self-care to avoid burnout.

4. What are some effective time management tools or techniques that can help me make the most of my day?

Some popular time management tools include to-do lists, calendars, and productivity apps. Time tracking and Pomodoro techniques can also be helpful in managing your time more effectively. Experiment with different tools and techniques to find what works best for you.

5. How can I stay motivated and focused throughout the day to get more work done?

One way to stay motivated is to set specific and achievable goals for the day. This will give you something to work towards and a sense of accomplishment when you complete them. It's also important to take breaks and reward yourself for completing tasks. Additionally, make sure to take care of your physical and mental health, as this can greatly impact your motivation and focus.