How to Design a J-K Flip Flop Using VHDL?

• Thread starter hajer jamal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Flip flop
In summary, the conversation is about a student struggling with a homework assignment to design a j-k flip flop using VHDL. The student is looking for help and someone provides an example code for them to use. The student expresses gratitude and continues to search for a better solution.
hajer jamal
j_k flip flop .by using vhdl ..please help

hi every body

i hope every things gana be okay

i really have pro,,in my class

so anyone can help me please give is hand to help

any ways ,, my problem is about ,, my doctor give us homework about some things we don't know how to do , so it's about how can design j
j-k flip flop by using vhdl

anyways ,, tnaks alot

Physics news on Phys.org

try this:

Entity T_FF IS
PORT( T, Clock : IN STD_LOGIC;
Q : OUT STD_LOGIC;
END T_FF;
ARCHITECTURE Behavior OF T_FF IS
signal tmp : STD_LOGIC;
BEGIN
PROCESS (Clock)
BEGIN
IF Clock' EVENT AND Clock = '1' THEN
if T = '1' THEN
tmp <= NOT tmp;
else
tmp <= tmp;
end IF;
END IF;
END PROCESS;
Q <= tmp;
END Behavior

thanks a lot for help
and i still search for good one

Related to How to Design a J-K Flip Flop Using VHDL?

1. What is a J-K flip flop?

A J-K flip flop is a type of electronic circuit that can store one bit of binary information. It has two inputs, J and K, and two outputs, Q and Q̅. It can be used for memory storage, frequency division, and data synchronization.

2. How does a J-K flip flop work?

A J-K flip flop works by using two NAND gates to create a feedback loop. When both J and K inputs are 0, the circuit holds its previous state. When J and K are both 1, the circuit toggles to the opposite state. When J is 1 and K is 0, the circuit sets to 1. When J is 0 and K is 1, the circuit resets to 0.

3. What is the purpose of using VHDL for J-K flip flops?

VHDL (VHSIC Hardware Description Language) is a language used for describing digital circuits and systems. It is commonly used for designing and simulating J-K flip flops because it allows for a more efficient and accurate representation of the circuit, making it easier to analyze and debug.

4. How do you implement a J-K flip flop using VHDL?

To implement a J-K flip flop using VHDL, you need to first declare the inputs and outputs, as well as any internal signals. Then, you can use the built-in flip flop components and logic gates to define the behavior of the circuit. Finally, you can simulate the circuit to test its functionality.

5. What are the advantages of using a J-K flip flop in a circuit?

J-K flip flops have several advantages, including their ability to store one bit of information, their ability to toggle between states, and their use in frequency division. They are also relatively simple to design and can be easily cascaded to create larger memory storage systems.