How many times have you deleted a message?

• Thread starter moose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    deleted
In summary: It's kind of scary when you think about it.In summary, people often delete their messages after posting them, and it's scary to think about what people might think of your intentions if you didn't.
moose
I find myself writing full messages in the quick reply box thingy and then thinking "nahh" and never submitting them. I also delete messages I just posted quite often... A lot of times I see messages and think "Why didn't this person delete this message after noticing how completely pointless it was!?". Of course, this doesn't mean I don't post pointless messages :redface:. You're looking at one right now :-p

Right now, I'm thinking 'how are people going to possibly be able to reply to this... Should I just not even post it...?'

Physics news on Phys.org
You're right. Just delete it and go away.

:biggrin:

Woooo! A reply! :)

After some hesitation I decided not to post this. Just so you know.

edited...!

Last edited:
I do that very often. A while back I thought about creating this exact same thread, but I decided not to (no joke intended there).

Likes gracy
We should disable this possibility : messages should be submitted letter by letter, without possibility of correction. This would add a lot of spontaneity, and people would pay more attention to what they write :rolleyes:

edit corrected a typo. One I found at least. Seriously, I did :-p

I do this all the time, on multiple forums too, I just feel weird sometimes, and don't see the point of me posting. I can't believe that happens to other people too, its strange isn't it?

mattmns said:
I do that very often. A while back I thought about creating this exact same thread, but I decided not to (no joke intended there).

I bet you chuckled when you saw it just like you're other thread. :biggrin:

Man, I've deleted thousands of posts.

Oh, wait... you mean my own? No, never done that.

- Warren

chroot beat me to it. I've deleted thousands, but very few were mine.

How many times have you deleted a message?
I have never deleted a message more than once.

Sometimes, I delete the same message 10 or 15 times.

Dang! I hate it when other people beat me to the punchline! :smile:

I rarely delete my own (editing for afterthoughts and typos is another matter entirely), but have certainly deleted plenty of others. :biggrin:

(And :smile: at Smurf...you know why.)

I often change my mind about posting something, but usually before I actually post it. The more time I've spent on the internet, but more I've done this... it's very easy for people to misinterpret your intentions online.

Related to How many times have you deleted a message?

1. How do you define "deleting a message" as a scientist?

As a scientist, I define "deleting a message" as the intentional act of permanently removing a message from a device or platform. This means that the message is no longer accessible and cannot be recovered.

2. How do you keep track of how many times you have deleted a message?

I keep track of how many times I have deleted a message by either manually recording the number of times or by using a data tracking system. This allows me to accurately monitor and analyze my message deletion patterns.

3. What factors influence the frequency of message deletion?

The frequency of message deletion can be influenced by various factors such as the content of the message, the sender's relationship to the recipient, the importance of the message, and the privacy concerns of the recipient.

4. How does the frequency of message deletion differ between individuals?

The frequency of message deletion can differ between individuals based on their personal habits and preferences, as well as their profession and personal circumstances. For example, a scientist may delete messages more frequently for data privacy reasons, while a social media influencer may delete messages to maintain a certain image.

5. Is there a recommended number of times to delete messages for optimal data management?

As a scientist, I cannot recommend a specific number of times to delete messages for optimal data management as it varies based on individual needs and preferences. However, it is important to regularly review and manage messages to maintain data organization and privacy.