How Long Did It Take to Create This Amazing Video Montage?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magic
In summary: That was really cool. I love how it's not edited together in any way.It's just a bunch of shots that were taken over a period of time.I can't believe it only took 600 takes.That's amazing.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This is probably old, but it is so cool!

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=97020bc7c265f3b09251dcb272a0609b.850950&cache=1

I hate to think how long it took to design and set it up.

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I had just seen that video before i came here. It's pretty cool even if clearly the whole thing wasn't a single run.

NICE!

That was crazy.

Wow, this is supercool!

Look at the perfect camera angles and the small room vs. the huge amount of things. Fake.

Very nice indeed, but I'm afraid that the Dutch will be underwhelmed as they are terribly spoiled with the annual http://www.dominodomain.com/cat/13

It certainly seems intriguing... if only I could see it. Is there any particular reason why it's restricted to a 1" x 2" frame?

Looks like it was shot in several takes, due to the sunshine in one section then a window glimps shows night time. It was fun to watch.

All I see is a big black box. The video doesn't seem to be inclined to play for me.

The intro says specifically "Made with the Magic of Montage." Don't be offended that it was shot in multiple takes.

- Warren

Well, I'm at work now and the video is about 3 times bigger on this machine... but I still can't tell what the hell half of those things are or what they're doing.
Still, it's neat to watch. Now... off to watch Andre's link. :biggrin:

edit: WTF? All that I see there is still pictures.

Last edited:
The first link doesn't work, if it's about dominos I'm glad. From Andre's link:

World record holders domino toppling:

2005 Domino Day: Theatre of Eternal Stories Netherlands 4.002.136
2004 Domino Day: Challenge Netherlands 3.992.397
2002 Domino Day: Expressions for Millions Netherlands 3.847.295
2001 Domino Day: Bridging the World Netherlands 3.540.562
2000 China & Japan & South Korea China 3.407.535
2000 Domino Day: Reaction Netherlands 2.977.678
1999 China & Japan China 2.751.518
1999 Domino Day: Europa ohne Grenzen Netherlands 2.472.480
1998 Domino D-Day: Visionland Netherlands 1.605.757
1988 Europe in Domino Netherlands 1.382.101
1986 KLM Domino World Record Netherlands 755.836
1984 Team Klaus Friedrich Germany 281.581
1980 John Wickham and Erez Klein Japan 255.389
1979 Team Alistair Howden New Zealand 255.000
1979 Team Michael Cairney UK 169.713
1979 John Wickham and Erez Klein USA 135.215
1978 Team Bob Speca USA 97.500
1977 Team Michael Cairney UK 33.266
1974 Team Bob Speca USA 11.111

It won't stream at the right speed and so it looks like still frames, anyone know how to change the connection speed??

Ah here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4110910915007236133&q=kinetic+art+video&hl=en

Thanks god for google.

O, wow. I think this was made in an Art gallery.

One christmas I asked for a domino tumbling kit. What a rip off! the "dominos" were about 1/4 the size of a normal domino. and they were attatched to little sections of train tracks with a hinge. You tilted the track and all the dominos stood up then you carefully set it down and lined up the tracks. It only worked in one direction and was so wimpy it wouldn't even knock over a real domino when I tried to combine the kit with my set. Plus, one trip through my ring of fire and the hinges fused and the whole thing was useless.

Last edited:
Was that Domino Rally? I had some of that. Yeah it was pretty cheap.

That vid is cool though, although it stops at an odd point. It was good fun, but kinda marred by the fact it wasn't one continuous take.

Here's something very cool:
[MEDIA=youtube]FGngcQb_0qg[/MEDIA][/URL]
It doesn't even use CGI apparently, and it took over 600 takes!

check this out http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3163263343187879320

cyrusabdollahi said:
check this out http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3163263343187879320

Wow! :-p

Related to How Long Did It Take to Create This Amazing Video Montage?

1. What is "Made with the Magic of Montage"?

"Made with the Magic of Montage" is a phrase commonly used to describe a creative work or project that has been crafted with the use of montage techniques. Montage is a filmmaking and storytelling technique that involves combining different visual elements, such as images, video clips, and sound, in a seamless and meaningful way to create a coherent narrative.

2. How is "Made with the Magic of Montage" different from other types of creative works?

The use of montage sets "Made with the Magic of Montage" apart from other types of creative works because it allows for a unique and dynamic storytelling experience. By combining different elements, montage can evoke emotions, convey themes, and create a sense of cohesion and flow in a way that traditional storytelling methods may not be able to achieve.

3. What are the benefits of using montage in a creative work?

Montage offers several benefits, including the ability to convey complex ideas or concepts in a concise and engaging manner, the freedom to experiment and be creative with visual storytelling, and the potential to evoke strong emotional responses from the audience. Additionally, using montage can make a creative work more visually appealing and help it stand out from others.

4. Can anyone use the "Magic of Montage" in their creative projects?

Yes, anyone can use the "Magic of Montage" in their creative projects. While it may require some technical skills and knowledge, there are many resources and tutorials available to help individuals learn and incorporate montage techniques into their work. Additionally, with the advancements in technology, there are now various user-friendly tools and software that make it easier to create montages.

5. What types of creative works can benefit from using the "Magic of Montage"?

The "Magic of Montage" can be applied to various types of creative works, including films, commercials, music videos, advertisements, presentations, and more. Any project that aims to tell a story or convey a message can benefit from the use of montage techniques. It can also be used in different industries, such as advertising, marketing, education, and entertainment.