How I lost my avatar and needed to re-subscribe

• Thread starter Enuma_Elish
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a user's experience with changing their email address and receiving a message that they do not have permission to access certain pages on PF. The user reached out to the administrator and eventually had to create a new user account without an avatar. However, it is mentioned that avatars are now available to contributors and the user joined before this change. The conversation ends with another user offering to bring the issue to the attention of the administrator.
Enuma_Elish
Some while ago I edited my prefile and changed my e-mail address to PF e-mail address.

About the same time I started receiving the following message whenever I attempted to do anything other than read messages on PF:

vBulletin Message said:
EnumaElish, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I sent a couple of e-mails to admin alerting them to the situation. When the message continued to appear, I re-subscribed with a "plain" userid. My old userid had an avatar, which I cannot use now.

Physics news on Phys.org
Crumbs!

Avatars are now available to contributors. Older members that had avatars prior to the revision before last were allowed to keep their avatars unless they made changes, at that point the avatar would disappear.

EnumaElish joined on 7/4/05, so could not have been the beneficiary of keeping an old avatar before contributor status was necessary. Indeed, EnumaElish was a contributor. This is some strange kind of error on PF's part that needs to be ironed out.

Enuma, I am going to bring this to Greg's attention, and hopefully we can get everything back to normal for you.

Thanks, that's nice of you.

testing testing testing

EnumaElish said:
testing testing testing
Excellent!

Thank you, PF!

Last edited:

Related to How I lost my avatar and needed to re-subscribe

What happened to my avatar?

Your avatar may have been accidentally deleted or removed from your account. It could also be due to a technical issue or a violation of the platform's terms of service.

Do I need to re-subscribe to get my avatar back?

Yes, in most cases, you will need to re-subscribe to the platform in order to regain access to your avatar. This is typically done by creating a new account or contacting customer support.

Is there a way to recover my old avatar without re-subscribing?

It depends on the platform's policies and the reason for the avatar's loss. Some platforms may have a recovery process in place, while others may require you to re-subscribe.

How can I prevent losing my avatar in the future?

To prevent losing your avatar, make sure to regularly back up any important account information, including your avatar. You can also review the platform's terms of service to avoid any actions that may result in the loss of your account.

Can I request a specific avatar to be restored?

This depends on the platform's policies and if the requested avatar is still available. It's best to contact customer support for further assistance in this matter.