How find the 3 value of x by using Calculator

These points represent the three solutions to the equation. If you are using a scientific calculator, you can use the "root finding" function to find the solutions. In summary, to find the three values of x using a calculator, you can either graph the function or use the "root finding" function, depending on the type of calculator you have.
r-soy
Hi all

u = 4x^3 - 4x = 0

I know this good way to solve iy

4x(x^2-1) = 0
X = 1 or X = -1 or X = 1

but I want a way bu useing a Calculator to find the 3 value of x

plese help me .

Physics news on Phys.org
The class of techniques are called root finding techniques and requires you to have something a little more hefty than a scientific calculator. Every calculator has a different layout so it's up to you to look up on google the instructions for your calculator to find out if or if not it has a "root finding" function.

r-soy said:
Hi all

u = 4x^3 - 4x = 0

I know this good way to solve iy

4x(x^2-1) = 0
X = 1 or X = -1 or X = 1
There are three different solutions to this equation, with none of them repeated.
r-soy said:
but I want a way bu useing a Calculator to find the 3 value of x

plese help me .

If you are using a graphing calculator, graph the function [itex]y= 4x^2- 4x[/itex] and "zoom" in on the points where the graph crosses the y- axis.

Related to How find the 3 value of x by using Calculator

1. How do I find the 3 value of x using a calculator?

To find the 3 value of x using a calculator, you will need to use the logarithm function. First, enter the base number into the calculator, then press the "log" or "ln" button depending on the base used. Next, enter the number you want to find the 3 value of x for and press the "=" button. The result will be the 3 value of x.

2. Can I use any type of calculator to find the 3 value of x?

Yes, you can use any calculator with a logarithm function to find the 3 value of x. This includes scientific calculators, graphing calculators, and even basic calculators. Just make sure the calculator has a logarithm function and you know how to access it.

3. Is there a specific method or formula to find the 3 value of x using a calculator?

Yes, the formula to find the 3 value of x using a calculator is: logb(x) = y, where b is the base, x is the number you want to find the 3 value of x for, and y is the result. This formula can be used on any calculator with a logarithm function.

4. What if my calculator does not have a logarithm function?

If your calculator does not have a logarithm function, you can still find the 3 value of x by using a logarithm table or by using the power function. For example, if you want to find the 3 value of x for 5 using base 2, you would enter 2x = 5 into your calculator and solve for x.

5. Are there any tips or tricks for finding the 3 value of x using a calculator?

One helpful tip is to use the "change of base" formula when the base is not a whole number. This formula, logb(x) = log(x)/log(b), can be used to convert the base to a whole number that your calculator can handle. Another trick is to use the "inverse" function of the logarithm, which is usually denoted as "log-1" or "ex". This can help you find the 3 value of x when given the logarithm of a number.