How far have u gone on the stationary bike?

• Thread starter shaka23h
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bike
In summary, the electronic meter on a stationary exercise bicycle indicates that the wheel is rotating at 10.4 rad/s with a radius of 0.507 m. If the bike is ridden for 42.6 minutes, the distance traveled would be 13291.2 radians. However, if there is no slippage between the wheel and the road, the tangential velocity multiplied by time would give the distance traveled. The relationship between the angular speed and tangential velocity must be considered.
shaka23h
Suppose you are riding a stationary exercise bicycle, and the electronic meter indicates that the wheel is rotating at 10.4 rad/s. The wheel has a radius of 0.507 m. If you ride the bike for 42.6 min, how far would you have gone if the bike could move?

ok here is what i know

my W (angular speed) is 10.4 rad//s
Radius = 0.507 m
time = 42.6 min x 60 sec = 2556 sec

I tried to use this equation

theta = 1/2 (w0 + w )t and I got a value of 13291.2 radians can I use this value to find the distance, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
shaka23h said:
Suppose you are riding a stationary exercise bicycle, and the electronic meter indicates that the wheel is rotating at 10.4 rad/s. The wheel has a radius of 0.507 m. If you ride the bike for 42.6 min, how far would you have gone if the bike could move?

ok here is what i know

my W (angular speed) is 10.4 rad//s
Radius = 0.507 m
time = 42.6 min x 60 sec = 2556 sec

I tried to use this equation

theta = 1/2 (w0 + w )t and I got a value of 13291.2 radians can I use this value to find the distance, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
You have to the relationship between the angular speed and tangential velocity. If you assume that there is no slippage between the wheel and the road, then velocity x time = distance. Do you know how [itex]\omega[/itex] is related to v and R?

AM

ya I figured it out.

Thanks a lot

Related to How far have u gone on the stationary bike?

1. How do you measure the distance traveled on a stationary bike?

The distance traveled on a stationary bike is typically measured in miles or kilometers. This measurement is determined by the number of rotations the pedals make, which is then converted into distance based on the bike's wheel circumference.

2. Is the distance traveled on a stationary bike accurate?

The accuracy of the distance traveled on a stationary bike depends on the calibration of the bike's computer system. It is important to calibrate the bike before each use to ensure the most accurate measurement.

3. Can I use a stationary bike to train for outdoor cycling?

Yes, a stationary bike is a great tool for training for outdoor cycling. It allows you to maintain a consistent pace and resistance, and also provides a safe and controlled environment for training.

4. How far should I aim to go on a stationary bike workout?

The distance you should aim for on a stationary bike workout depends on your fitness level and goals. It is important to set realistic and achievable goals that align with your fitness level and gradually increase distance over time to avoid injury.

5. Can I use the distance traveled on a stationary bike to track my progress?

Yes, tracking the distance traveled on a stationary bike can be a useful way to monitor your progress. It allows you to set goals and track your improvements over time. However, it is important to also consider other factors such as resistance level, speed, and heart rate to get a complete picture of your progress.