How exactly do i get fnet of the object in this question...

In summary, the conversation is discussing a physics question and the calculation of net forces on different objects. The main point of confusion is how to calculate the net forces for objects A and C, as well as the attractive force between A and C. The inverse square law formula is mentioned and it is noted that the net force on object B will be the difference between the forces exerted by A and C. The conversation ends with a request for clarification on how to calculate the net forces for objects A and C.
BlueLine

Homework Statement

This was an example question done by my teacher but i don't understand how he got the fnet of an object like the yellow part. thanks first time using the forums sorry if i didnt tag this correctly

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Can you be more specific about what it is that you do not understand?
For the net force on B, do you understand the preceding line, giving -1.25 x10-7N? If your question is why that changed into -1x10-7N, I don't know. Looks like a mistake.
There's no working shown for obtaining the other two net forces. How would you calculate those?

yeah like how would you solve the question after the gravitational force you get for Fa and Fc. i got lost after the example like i have no idea how he got the fnet of each object. idk how to calculate the fnet... isn't it fnet=ma but what would that do.

BlueLine said:
yeah like how would you solve the question after the gravitational force you get for Fa and Fc. i got lost after the example like i have no idea how he got the fnet of each object
Each object experiences a pull from each of the other two, as per the inverse square law formula used.
The net force on B will be the difference between the forces exerted by A and C, since those are pulling in opposite directions.
Your teacher has omitted the calculation for the attractive force between A and C. You will need this to find the net forces on A and C.

Can you calculate the attractive force between A and C?
How would you combine this with forces already calculated to find the net force on A?

how exactly do you calculate the fnet for like the object a and c. the mass is 2.. and is the fa suppose to give me the acceleration?

Last edited:
BlueLine said:
how exactly do you calculate the fnet for like the object a and c. the mass is 2.. and is the fa suppose to give me the acceleration?
One step at a time. Answer my question about the attractive force between A and C. For this purpose, ignore B.

After that, list the forces acting on A and which way they act. Do they work together or oppose each other?

Related to How exactly do i get fnet of the object in this question...

1. How do I calculate the net force of an object?

To calculate the net force of an object, you will need to know the individual forces acting on the object and their directions. Then, you can use the formula Fnet = ΣF, where ΣF represents the sum of all forces acting on the object. Make sure to use the correct units for force, such as Newtons (N).

2. What is the difference between net force and individual forces?

Net force is the overall force acting on an object, taking into account the magnitude and direction of all individual forces. Individual forces are the separate and distinct forces acting on an object, such as gravity, friction, or applied forces. Net force takes into consideration all of these individual forces to determine the overall effect on the object's motion.

3. How do I find the direction of the net force?

The direction of the net force is determined by the vector sum of all individual forces acting on the object. This means that you will need to consider the directions of each force and add them together. The resulting direction will be the direction of the net force.

4. What factors can affect the net force of an object?

The net force of an object can be affected by various factors such as the magnitude and direction of individual forces, the mass of the object, and any external factors (such as friction or air resistance). Additionally, the net force can change if the individual forces acting on the object change.

5. How can I use the net force to determine an object's motion?

The net force acting on an object is directly related to its acceleration according to Newton's Second Law of Motion (Fnet = ma). This means that by calculating the net force, you can determine the acceleration of the object. From there, you can use equations of motion to analyze the object's motion, such as calculating its velocity or position over time.