How Does Playing Snake in 4 Spatial Dimensions Work?

In summary, the conversation discusses a game based on the Nokia game snake, but in 4 spatial dimensions. The creator has written a script in Python and a version in C++, but the video demonstration of the game has some bugs and the music does not fit well. The creator is working on a new video and is open to suggestions for improvements. The concept is praised by others and the source code for the C++ version is available. Additionally, there is a suggestion to use popular elements and a new video has been made to explain how to play the game.
Pella86
Hi everybody,

I've a started a little a game, it is based on the nokia game snake, where you have to guide the snake and eat the food.

I wrote a little script in python, and a C++ version of the game but in 4 spatial dimension. The snake moves through a euclidean 4 space.

what do you think of the idea?

snake 4d:

(is it possible to download the executable, look at the video description, the python version is a bit buggy, but I have corrected the bugs in the C++ version, which is still not compiled)

stereoscopic view:

cheers,
Pella

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That video sucks... it's all laggy and skips and the music doesn't fit it. Make a better video first then post it.

On the other hand, I love the video, Lisa Gerrard is awesome.

And the concept is freaking cool, I love this.

"pergradus" said:
4 Spatial Dimensions Snake
That video sucks... it's all laggy and skips and the music doesn't fit it. Make a better video first then post it.

thx for the sincerity, I already know about this problems and I'm trying to do a second video, but I'm trying to catch every opinion possible to make it better.

- The video is laggy, yes, there are some bugs (one in particular, the rendering function), I corrected it in the C++ version (by using OpenGL), now it runs at 60/65 fps. Which is really smooth. But the program I use to record the screen introduce some lags. If you have any program that works on mac for screen recording, well a suggestion is appreciated...

-music-> well is a matter of tastes and it was one of the few mp3 stored in my laptop ;) what would fit better?

KrisOhn said:
On the other hand, I love the video, Lisa Gerrard is awesome.

And the concept is freaking cool, I love this.

Thx a lot. if you want the source code of the C++ version which is actually playable is here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?x2bjhblt1114cuq

it has some problems with the make file, but it can be fixed, but I don't really know how.
To compile it needs the Qt libraries (download the Qt SDK(1.4Gb) and compile it (press run) it should work.)

Have you considered using some of the popular elements?
http://www.stopfinger.com/goods_c3BlY19pZAk1ODY4.html"

I did a new clip that I hope it will shed a bit of light on the 4 spatial dimension snake...
how to play the 4d snake:

Related to How Does Playing Snake in 4 Spatial Dimensions Work?

1. What is a "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake"?

A "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake" is a theoretical concept in mathematics and physics that describes a snake-like creature living in a four-dimensional space. This means that the snake would have four physical dimensions instead of the usual three dimensions we are used to in our everyday lives.

2. How is a "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake" different from a regular snake?

The main difference between a "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake" and a regular snake is the number of physical dimensions they exist in. While a regular snake moves and navigates in three dimensions (length, width, and height), a 4D snake would have an additional dimension of movement, allowing it to travel in directions that are not possible for a 3D snake.

3. Is a "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake" possible in the real world?

Currently, there is no evidence to support the existence of a "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake" in the real world. However, it is a concept that is studied and explored in theoretical physics and mathematics. Some scientists believe that higher dimensions beyond our three-dimensional world may exist, but the existence of a 4D snake is still a topic of debate and speculation.

4. How would a "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake" navigate and interact with its environment?

Since we cannot fully visualize or experience the fourth dimension, it is challenging to imagine how a 4D snake would navigate and interact with its environment. However, some theories suggest that it could move through objects and change its shape in ways that are not possible for a 3D snake.

5. What implications would a "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake" have on our understanding of the universe?

The existence of a "4 Spatial Dimensions Snake" would have significant implications on our understanding of the universe and the laws of physics. It could potentially help us better understand the concepts of time, gravity, and space. It would also challenge our current understanding of dimensions and how they operate in our universe.

Back