How does light take a U-turn?

• Thread starter shivakumar
  • Start date
In summary, physics is the branch of science that studies matter, energy, and their interactions in order to understand the laws and principles that govern the behavior of the universe. People say "I like physics" because they find it fascinating and applicable to everyday life. Some common misconceptions about physics include thinking it is only for geniuses or too difficult to understand, but in reality, anyone can learn and appreciate it with the right guidance. Physics has many real-world applications in technology, industries such as engineering and renewable energy, and plays a crucial role in our daily lives. To learn more about physics, one can utilize resources such as textbooks, online courses, educational videos, and engage in hands-on experiments and discussions with others who share an interest
shivakumar
How did you find PF?
I came to know by friends
I like physics. I always wanted to be member of a form where i learn more physics.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Good morning sir. I always had this crazy question. we know black hole can bend the light into itself. Can light take a U-turn and trace back to its origin?

shivakumar said:
Good morning sir. I always had this crazy question. we know black hole can bend the light into itself. Can light take a U-turn and trace back to its origin?
In theory, yes.

Sir, is it possible that a mega sized star could actually make its own light take a u-turn when it is about to become a black hole?

shivakumar said:
Sir, is it possible that a mega sized star could actually make its own light take a u-turn when it is about to become a black hole?
You need to post your question in the relativity forum.

Related to How does light take a U-turn?

What is physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. It seeks to understand the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of the universe.

Why do people say "I like physics"?

People may say "I like physics" because they find the subject fascinating and enjoy learning about the physical world around them. Physics also has many practical applications and can help us understand how things work in our everyday lives.

What are some common misconceptions about physics?

Some common misconceptions about physics include thinking that it is only for geniuses or that it is too difficult to understand. In reality, anyone can learn and appreciate the concepts of physics with the right guidance and effort.

What are some real-world applications of physics?

Physics has many real-world applications, including technology such as computers, smartphones, and medical equipment. It also plays a crucial role in industries such as engineering, aerospace, and renewable energy.

How can I learn more about physics?

There are many resources available for learning about physics, such as textbooks, online courses, and educational videos. It is also helpful to engage in hands-on experiments and discussions with others who share your interest in physics.