How Does a Retired Navy Veteran Continue to Explore Astrophysics and Cosmology?

• Thread starter donlsun
  • Start date
In summary, "Exploring the Sciences: A Retired Navy Veteran's Journey" is a story of a former Navy veteran's pursuit to understand and learn about different scientific fields after his retirement. The veteran, named David, delves into the realms of physics, chemistry, and biology, attending lectures, reading books, and even conducting experiments. Through his journey, David discovers the interconnectedness of these sciences and how they can be applied to various aspects of life. Despite facing challenges and doubts from others, David perseveres and finds fulfillment in his newfound passion for science. His story serves as an inspiration for others to never stop learning and exploring new interests.
donlsun
Hello. My name is Donald Lively. I am 67 years old, retired USNavy (combat veteran, Vietnam, "brown shoe navy,"). I enlisted in the Navy before I could get drafted just after graduating from undergrad school. I studied biophysics in college but went no further in those studies after graduating. Subsequent graduate work is not in the sciences.
I live in the MidAtlantic area of the USA.
I have been a student of mathematics, physical and biological sciences since I started to read.
To day, i continue my studies in various sciences, from a universalist / integrationist / "renaissance man" approach, therefore, based on my statement above, I am not professional scientist nor a cadre member within any science vocation.
My main physical science interests - very generally - are astrophysics and astronomy, cosmology (though some people do not consider that "science"), particle physics, and a few others.
I am glad - at least for this newby moment - to be here.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Don! Thanks for your service!