How do you motivate yourself for final exams?

In summary, the conversation suggests a form of motivation for finals by promising to buy oneself the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album after passing the exams. This idea is met with mixed reactions, with some finding it effective and others not taking it seriously. The conversation also goes off-topic and ends with a playful exchange about failing finals.
Cyrus
If you have finals and need motivation, try this. Promise to buy yourself the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album AFTER your final exams provided that you study really had and EARN it!

Muahahahha, RHCP rule...:!)

http://www.showbizz.net/uploads/films/stadiumarcadium1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
cyrusabdollahi said:
If you have finals and need motivation, try this. Promise to buy yourself the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album AFTER your final exams provided that you study really had and EARN it!

http://www.showbizz.net/uploads/films/stadiumarcadium1.jpg
[/URL]

I like this form of motivation. But I refuse to send money to their record company. Too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:

But meanwhile, you would say, "F*** the RHCP, I don't need to have it, and take up my time with studying for all the finals, life is not fair" I think such kind of motivation isn't that good. It'd be much better to give your friend most valuable thing you have, and say, give it back to me, only and only if I pass the finals with plain 90.

Cyrus, was it your method to study for the finals with such RHCP-based motivation?

Ummm, what?

Last edited:
Did you promise yourself to buy a RHCP cd, AFTER you passed/got a good grade on final exams?

You are taking this thread way to seriously man. You should go back and actually read what I wrote if your asking me that question. :rolleyes: :smile:

Last edited:
Not seriously at all. It happened that you've gotten my sympathy in asking you silly questions, I don't really need to have an answer for. It's simple fun.
How many finals have you failed so far, if you've taken any?

heartless said:
Not seriously at all. It happened that you've gotten my sympathy in asking you silly questions, I don't really need to have an answer for. It's simple fun.
How many finals have you failed so far, if you've taken any?

What does fail mean? :confused: It's not in my vocabulary.

Related to How do you motivate yourself for final exams?

What is motivation and why is it important for final exams?

Motivation is the driving force behind our actions and behaviors. It is important for final exams because it can help students stay focused, determined, and engaged in their studies. Motivation can also improve overall academic performance and increase the chances of success.

How can I increase my motivation for final exams?

There are several ways to increase motivation for final exams. Some strategies include setting specific and achievable goals, creating a study schedule, finding a study partner or group, rewarding yourself for progress, and keeping a positive mindset.

What if I don't feel motivated for my final exams?

It is normal to experience a lack of motivation at times, especially during stressful periods like final exams. If you find yourself feeling unmotivated, try to identify the root cause and address it. This could be anything from feeling overwhelmed to being bored with the material. Additionally, try some of the strategies mentioned above to help increase your motivation.

How does motivation affect my performance on final exams?

Motivation can have a significant impact on your performance on final exams. When you are motivated, you are more likely to put in the time and effort needed to prepare for the exams. This can lead to better retention of information, improved study habits, and ultimately, a higher chance of success on the exams.

Are there different types of motivation for final exams?

Yes, there are two main types of motivation: intrinsic and extrinsic. Intrinsic motivation comes from within and is driven by personal interest, enjoyment, or a sense of accomplishment. Extrinsic motivation comes from external factors, such as rewards or punishments. Both types can be effective for motivating students during final exams, but intrinsic motivation tends to be more long-lasting and sustainable.