How do you make a circled number using LaTeX

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter bwpbruce
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, there is a tutorial on how to make circled numbers in LaTeX using the \enclose command. This can be used to enclose an expression in a circle with an optional color. However, it may not work in all cases, and there may be other methods to achieve the same result.
Physics news on Phys.org
There may be other ways, but one way to enclose something in a circle is to use:

\enclose[mathcolor="color"]{circle}{expression}

The color is optional...if omitted, the circle will be black.

For example, the following code:

[MATH]\enclose{circle}[mathcolor="red"]{\frac{x}{y}}[/MATH]

produces:

\(\displaystyle \enclose{circle}[mathcolor="red"]{\frac{x}{y}}\)

Thank you. All I wanted to be able to do is this:

\begin{bmatrix} \enclose{circle}1 & 0 & 0 \\ 0 & 1 & 0 \\ 0 & 0 & 1 \end{bmatrix}

Related to How do you make a circled number using LaTeX

1. How do you insert a circled number in LaTeX?

To insert a circled number in LaTeX, you can use the command "\textcircled{number}" within a math environment. For example, to create a circled "1", you would use "\textcircled{1}".

2. Can I change the size of the circled number in LaTeX?

Yes, you can change the size of the circled number in LaTeX by using the command "\resizebox{size}{height}{content}" and replacing "size" with the desired size (e.g. "1cm") and "content" with the circled number command ("\textcircled{number}").

3. How can I change the color of the circled number in LaTeX?

To change the color of the circled number in LaTeX, you can use the command "\textcolor{color}{content}" and replace "color" with the desired color (e.g. "red") and "content" with the circled number command ("\textcircled{number}").

4. Is it possible to add a label or caption to a circled number in LaTeX?

Yes, you can add a label or caption to a circled number in LaTeX by using the command "\captionof{environment}{caption}" after the circled number command. For example, to add a caption to a circled "1", you would use "\textcircled{1}\captionof{figure}{This is a caption for the circled number 1}."

5. Can I create a circled number with a different font style in LaTeX?

Yes, you can create a circled number with a different font style in LaTeX by using the command "\textcircled{\fontfamily{font}\selectfont number}" and replacing "font" with the desired font (e.g. "helvetica") and "number" with the circled number command ("\textcircled{number}").