How do you derive arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t)?

• Thread starter goomer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derive
In summary, the formula for deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) is arcsin(x) = -i * ln(ix + sqrt(1 - x^2)), where x is the input value of 1 - 2 e ^-t. The purpose of deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) is to find the angle whose sine is equal to the input value. The steps for deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) involve substituting the input value into the formula and simplifying the expression. The domain of arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) is all real numbers between -1 and 1, and the range is between -
goomer
I know the derivative of arcsin and that I should use the chain rule, but I was wondering if I should use (1 - 2 e ^-t) for the chain rule portion?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry! I realize now that I wasn't supposed to post homework questions here...

Related to How do you derive arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t)?

What is the formula for deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t)?

The formula for deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) is arcsin(x) = -i * ln(ix + sqrt(1 - x^2)), where x is the input value of 1 - 2 e ^-t.

What is the purpose of deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t)?

The purpose of deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) is to find the angle whose sine is equal to the input value of 1 - 2 e ^-t. This can be useful in solving trigonometric equations or in applications involving angles and sine waves.

What are the steps for deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t)?

The steps for deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) are as follows:

1. Write the inverse sine function as arcsin(x).
  2. Substitute the input value of 1 - 2 e ^-t for x.
  3. Use the formula arcsin(x) = -i * ln(ix + sqrt(1 - x^2)).
  4. Simplify the expression.
  5. Replace i with the imaginary number √(-1).
  6. Simplify further if needed.
  7. The final result is the derivative of arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t).

What is the domain and range of arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t)?

The domain of arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) is all real numbers between -1 and 1, inclusive. This is because the input value of 1 - 2 e ^-t must be within this range for the inverse sine function to be defined. The range of arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) is all real numbers between -π/2 and π/2, inclusive. This is because the output of the inverse sine function is an angle, and the range of angles for sine is between -π/2 and π/2.

What are some real-life applications of deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t)?

Some real-life applications of deriving arcsin(1 - 2 e ^-t) include:

• Calculating the angle of incidence in optics or physics problems.
  • Finding the angle of elevation or depression in geometry or trigonometry problems.
  • Adjusting the phase of a sine wave in signal processing or electrical engineering.
  • Calculating the launch angle of a projectile in physics or sports.
  • Estimating the angle of the sun or moon in astronomy or navigation.