How Do You Calculate Cos 125 Degrees in Engineering Mechanics?

In summary, the person asking the question on the problem is wondering where the cos 125 degrees and a=13.4 degrees came from. However, it seems that there was a mistake and it should actually be cos 135 degrees and the rest should follow from there.
w4taup
http://imageshack.us/f/560/engineeringmechproblem.jpg/

I have a question about this problem, i was wondering where they got the cos 125degrees as well as the a=13.4 degrees. If anyone knows how they got this answer can you please tell me how?

Physics news on Phys.org
w4taup said:
http://imageshack.us/f/560/engineeringmechproblem.jpg/

I have a question about this problem, i was wondering where they got the cos 125degrees as well as the a=13.4 degrees. If anyone knows how they got this answer can you please tell me how?
Looks like someone made an error. That should be cos 135 degrees (180 - 15 - 30 = 135) and the rest should follow.

lmfao thanks a lot bro, i was wondering for sooooo long how they got that :P

Related to How Do You Calculate Cos 125 Degrees in Engineering Mechanics?

1. What is engineering mechanics?

Engineering mechanics is a branch of applied physics that deals with the behavior of structures and systems under the influence of forces and motion. It combines principles from physics, mathematics, and materials science to analyze and design mechanical systems.

2. Why do I need help with engineering mechanics?

Engineering mechanics can be a complex subject that requires a strong understanding of mathematical and physical concepts. Seeking help can provide you with a better understanding of the material and improve your problem-solving skills.

3. What are some common topics covered in engineering mechanics?

Some common topics in engineering mechanics include statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, and mechanics of fluids. These topics cover areas such as forces, motion, stress and strain, and fluid flow.

4. How can I improve my understanding of engineering mechanics?

One way to improve your understanding of engineering mechanics is to practice solving problems and working through examples. Additionally, seeking help from a tutor or professor can also be beneficial.

5. What are some real-world applications of engineering mechanics?

Engineering mechanics has many real-world applications, including in the fields of aerospace, automotive, civil, and mechanical engineering. It is used to design and analyze structures such as buildings, bridges, and vehicles, as well as to understand and predict the behavior of complex systems.