How do I use multi quote in replies?

• Thread starter skippy1729
  • Start date
In summary, to use multi quote, click on "multi quote" for all the posts you want to quote, and then click "quote" on the last one. This will open a reply box with all the selected quotes included.
skippy1729
I have been unable to find description of how to use multi quote. Could someone direct me to the right spot?

skippy

Physics news on Phys.org
Click 'multi quote' on all the posts you want to quote and then on the last one click 'quote' and it will give you them all in one reply box.

skippy1729 said:
I have been unable to find description of how to use multi quote. Could someone direct me to the right spot?

skippy

I'm not sure where it's explained, but basically if you want to include multiple quotes in your reply, let's use 3 as an example, click on Multi-Post in the first 2 replies that you want to quote, and click on Quote in the last 1 that you want to quote. That opens up the Reply box with all 3 quotes available.

Related to How do I use multi quote in replies?

What is multi quote usage?

Multi quote usage is a feature that allows users to select and quote multiple pieces of text from different sources in a single reply or message. This is commonly used in online forums and social media platforms.

How do I use multi quote?

To use multi quote, simply select the text you want to quote from one source and click on the "multi quote" button. Then, select and click on the "multi quote" button for any additional pieces of text you want to quote from other sources. Once you have selected all the desired text, click on the "reply" or "quote" button to insert the multi quote into your message.

Can I customize the formatting of a multi quote?

Yes, most platforms that offer multi quote usage also allow users to customize the formatting of the multi quote. This includes changing the font, size, color, and alignment of the quoted text.

Is there a limit to the number of quotes I can include in a multi quote?

The limit for the number of quotes in a multi quote may vary depending on the platform, but most commonly there is no set limit. However, it is recommended to keep the number of quotes to a reasonable amount for readability purposes.

What are the benefits of using multi quote?

Multi quote allows users to easily reference and respond to multiple sources in one message. This can save time and make discussions more organized and coherent. It also helps to avoid confusion and misinterpretation of the quoted text.