How do I survive the constant grind of exams and studying?

• Thread starter Bladibla
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exams Nuts
In summary, although it can be tough, living in the library can be a fun and exciting experience if you are willing to make the most of it.
Bladibla
Anyone familiar with the term 'living in the library'?

Because right now I feel like it. It absolutely, completely and utterly sucks. My whole social life is worst than a snails, and even lots of time in revision I can't seem to get through my damn questions in O-chem nor on lindemann mechanism. And I feel cheated how some people can get every question in tutorials right without breaking a sweat, while me I have to work and struggle me arse off to do..well.. absolutely anything at all. *sigh*.

Just a rant, that's all. Thanks for listening.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hey I know how you feel. My weekdays suck. I work for nine hours a day, then come home, eat a quick dinner, and start studying and working on homework until 3 am, when I finally pass out.

- Warren

chroot said:
Hey I know how you feel. My weekdays suck. I work for nine hours a day, then come home, eat a quick dinner, and start studying and working on homework until 3 am, when I finally pass out.

- Warren
I will no longer complain about working too much. :bugeye:

Bladibla said:

Because right now I feel like it. It absolutely, completely and utterly sucks. My whole social life is worst than a snails
What? Isn't that all there is in life to live for?

Bladibla said:

Of course, we all are!

Chroot sleeps in a cot over in Periodicals.

Evo has a nice place down in Fiction.

Mk owns a Timeshare down near the microfilm.

And I hold Bar-B-Q's down in Reference Materials:-p

What section do you hail from fellow library neighbor?:biggrin:

Don't worry, exams will be over soon enough. You'll make it!

Yeah, exams = stress. The main motivator for me is, i don't want to take that class again!. Make sure to think about it when you are procrastinating...

chroot said:

- Warren

What degree are you pursuing, Warren? I can empathize a bit with working long days and going to school, but I don't think my schedule is nearly as harsh as yours. (Although, I got to say, my weekends get chewed up quite a bit in the research lab, and my bike is rusting in the trunk of my car:frown: )

Hang in there, baby!

Related to How do I survive the constant grind of exams and studying?

1. Why do exams cause so much stress and anxiety?

Exams are often seen as high-stakes assessments that can determine one's future, such as grades, scholarships, or admission into a program. This pressure can lead to increased stress and anxiety.

2. How can I manage my stress and anxiety during exams?

There are various strategies that can help manage stress and anxiety during exams, such as practicing relaxation techniques, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and seeking support from friends, family, or a counselor.

3. How can I prepare for exams effectively?

Effective preparation for exams involves creating a study schedule, breaking down the material into manageable chunks, practicing with past exams or study guides, and seeking help from teachers or tutors if needed.

4. How can I stay focused and motivated during exams?

Staying focused and motivated during exams can be challenging, but setting specific goals, rewarding yourself for accomplishments, and taking breaks can help maintain motivation and concentration.

5. Are exams an accurate measure of knowledge and skills?

Exams can be a useful measure of knowledge and skills, but they may not reflect a person's true abilities or potential. Factors such as test anxiety, test-taking skills, and personal circumstances can impact exam performance.