How do I reenable PhysicsForums Mobile?

• Thread starter lugita15
  • Start date
In summary, the person's mobile version of the site was disabled on their iPhone and they are asking how to reenable it. They plan on making a poll to see if others want to keep it, and someone suggests adopting the Wikipedia approach of allowing users to choose their preferred formatting. They also mention the difficulty of reading and navigating on the iPhone without the mobile version. Another person prefers the mobile version on their EVO phone even though it has a larger screen, and they initially thought they had made a mistake when they lost the mobile version.
lugita15
The mobile version of the site must have somehow gotten disabled on my iPhone. How do I reenable it?

Physics news on Phys.org
lugita15 said:
The mobile version of the site must have somehow gotten disabled on my iPhone. How do I reenable it?

I'm going to make a poll tomorrow to see if we should keep it. Many people have been asking for the original now that phones and pads are sophisticated. Stay tuned!

I think you should adopt the Wikipedia approach, where you allow each user to decide whether to enable or disable mobile formatting. Personally, I think the mobile version is much easier to read on the iPhone, because otherwise you'll often have to zoom into read stuff. But then when you do zoom in, it's hard to easily scroll through the whole webpage. Finally, text input is really inconvenient when the text-input box size is not iPhone-optimized.

I definitely prefer the mobile version on my EVO phone, even with the larger screen. I thought for sure that I had messed something up when I lost the mobile version yesterday.

Related to How do I reenable PhysicsForums Mobile?

1. How do I reenable PhysicsForums Mobile if I accidentally disabled it?

If you have accidentally disabled PhysicsForums Mobile, you can reenable it by going to your account settings and selecting the option to enable the mobile version. This option is usually located under the "Appearance" or "Preferences" section.

2. Can I switch back to the desktop version after enabling PhysicsForums Mobile?

Yes, you can switch back to the desktop version at any time by going to your account settings and selecting the option to disable the mobile version. However, it is recommended to use the mobile version for a better user experience on smaller screens.

3. Why am I not seeing the same features on the mobile version as on the desktop version?

Due to the limited screen space on mobile devices, some features may not be available on the mobile version. However, the most commonly used features should still be accessible on the mobile version.

4. Can I customize the layout and design of PhysicsForums Mobile?

No, the layout and design of the mobile version is pre-set and cannot be customized. This is to ensure a consistent user experience for all users on different devices.

5. Is the mobile version of PhysicsForums available for all devices?

Yes, the mobile version of PhysicsForums is available for all devices that have a web browser and an internet connection. However, some older devices may have compatibility issues and may not be able to access the mobile version.