How Do I Find the Peak Magnitude of H(jω) in a Circuit?

In summary, the maximum magnitude of H(jω) can be determined by inspecting the transfer function and finding the value of ω that results in the smallest denominator, which is when ω=0. Any other value will decrease the magnitude of H(jω)."
jean28
Hey guys. I'm doing some homework for my circuits class and was wondering if anyone could help me with this question.

How do I determine the value of ω will the magnitude of H(jω) be maximum??

In my case, the magnitude of the transfer function is (R/L)/ [sqrt((R+RI)/L)2 + ω2)]

Engineering news on Phys.org
jean28,

Hey guys. I'm doing some homework for my circuits class and was wondering if anyone could help me with this question.

How do I determine the value of ω will the magnitude of H(jω) be maximum??

In my case, the magnitude of the transfer function is (R/L)/ [sqrt((R+RI)/L)2 + ω2)]

You do it by inspection. You can easily see that the maximum will occur when the denominator is at its smallest value. That happens when ω=0. Any other value lowers the magnititude of H(jω).

Ratch

Related to How Do I Find the Peak Magnitude of H(jω) in a Circuit?

What is a transfer function maximum?

A transfer function maximum is the maximum value of a transfer function, which is a mathematical representation of the relationship between input and output of a system. It is the point at which the function reaches its highest value.

How is a transfer function maximum calculated?

A transfer function maximum can be calculated by taking the derivative of the transfer function and setting it equal to zero. This will give the value of the input variable at which the function reaches its maximum value.

Why is the transfer function maximum important?

The transfer function maximum is important because it allows us to understand the behavior of a system and predict its output for different input values. It can also help us optimize the system to achieve the desired output.

What factors can affect the transfer function maximum?

The transfer function maximum can be affected by various factors such as the shape of the transfer function, the input signal, and the system parameters. Changes in these factors can alter the location and value of the transfer function maximum.

How can the transfer function maximum be used in real-world applications?

The transfer function maximum can be used in various real-world applications, such as in control systems, signal processing, and circuit analysis. It can help engineers design and optimize systems to achieve maximum performance and efficiency.