How do I calculate the area covered by 4 radio transmitters with a range of 10 km each in a 10 km square?

• Thread starter swither
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Area
In summary, the formula for finding the area of a rectangle is length x width, for a triangle it is 1/2 x base x height, and for a circle it is π x radius^2. Perimeter refers to the distance around the outside of a shape, while area refers to the space inside the shape. To find the area of an irregular shape, it is best to divide it into smaller shapes and then find the area of each individual shape.
swither
I have 4 radio transmitters, each in a different corner of a square with 10 km long sides. Each radio has a range of 10 km. I need to calculate the area where you are in range of all four transmitters. Unfortunately i have no idea how to do this. Can anyone help me?

//Swither

Physics news on Phys.org
Det marks nar Matte D borjar ta slut... ;)

See http://www.maths.lth.se/query/answers/q200210.html#20021014220806 for the solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
! Is this an exam or something? :P Can't read Swedish myself...

Related to How do I calculate the area covered by 4 radio transmitters with a range of 10 km each in a 10 km square?

1. What is the formula for finding the area of a rectangle?

The formula for finding the area of a rectangle is length x width. This means that you multiply the length of the rectangle by the width to get the total area in square units.

2. How do you find the area of a triangle?

The formula for finding the area of a triangle is 1/2 x base x height. This means that you multiply the base of the triangle by its height and then divide by 2 to get the total area in square units.

3. What is the difference between perimeter and area?

Perimeter refers to the distance around the outside of a shape, while area refers to the space inside the shape. Perimeter is measured in linear units, such as inches or feet, while area is measured in square units, such as square inches or square feet.

4. Can you find the area of a circle?

Yes, the formula for finding the area of a circle is π x radius^2, where π is approximately 3.14 and the radius is the distance from the center of the circle to its edge. This means that you multiply π by the radius squared to get the total area in square units.

5. How do you find the area of irregular shapes?

The best way to find the area of irregular shapes is to divide the shape into smaller, more manageable shapes and then find the area of each individual shape. You can then add these areas together to get the total area of the irregular shape.