How difficult does this course description sound to you

In summary, the speaker is seeking advice on a math course they need to take in their second year. The course is titled "Introduction to Geometry" and covers classical geometry, Euclidean plane geometry, plane tiling, polytopes in three and four dimensions, curved surfaces, and Euler characteristic. The speaker is asking for feedback from those with knowledge in math, but it is suggested that they speak with an advisor in the math department for a better understanding of the course's rigor and how the concepts will be presented.
subopolois
hey everyone, i need some advice. I am not the strongest math student, but i can work some stuff out. for my second year i am required to take a math course at the 2000 level. after looking through my options i came across one titled "introduction to geometry" here is the courses description:
"An introduction to classical geometry; Euclidean plane geometry; plane tiling; polytopes in three and four dimensions; curved surfaces; Euler characteristic."

how does this sound to those who know a lot about math, do you see any difficulties in any of the topics from the description?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I would seek out an adviser in your university's math department and speak with him/her about whether or not it is a good fit for you. They will know how rigorous the course is better than anyone here. Sure we know a lot of math, and know what the things are in the description, but what we don't know is how these concepts will be presented.

Related to How difficult does this course description sound to you

1. How much prior knowledge do I need for this course?

The difficulty of a course can depend on the level of prior knowledge that is required. It is important to carefully read the course description and any prerequisites listed to determine if you have the necessary background to succeed in the course.

2. Will this course be challenging or overwhelming?

The level of difficulty for a course can vary depending on the individual student and their study habits. However, if the course description mentions advanced or complex topics, it is likely that the course will be challenging and require a significant amount of effort and dedication.

3. Are there any resources available to help me with the course material?

Many courses offer additional resources such as study guides, tutoring services, or online materials to help students better understand the course material. It is important to look for these resources and take advantage of them if they are available.

4. Are there any specific skills or abilities that are necessary for this course?

Certain courses may require specific skills or abilities, such as strong math or writing skills, to be successful. It is important to assess your own strengths and weaknesses in relation to the course description to determine if you have the necessary skills to excel in the course.

5. Can I expect a heavy workload for this course?

The difficulty of a course can also be impacted by the amount of work and assignments that are required. If the course description mentions multiple exams, papers, or projects, it is likely that the workload will be heavy and require good time management skills.