How did you achieve a score of nearly 2000 in the helicopter game?

In summary: I swear I will get the high score if it's the last thing I do...Hi Jayden, :) I swear I will get the high score if it's the last thing I do. It's really not easy :(
Jayden1
I swear I will get the high score if it's the last thing I do...

Physics news on Phys.org
It's really not easy :(

Jayden said:

What are you talking about with "the high score?" It doesn't exist as I know it.

checkittwice said:
What are you talking about with "the high score?" It doesn't exist as I know it.

If you go to the arcade, the game "Chopper Challenge" does have a high score. Sudharaka is currently the champion of this game.

Jayden said:

Hi Jayden, :)

The current high score is the best I could produce. After making that score I never played that game again, partly because I was certain it would stay there for some time and partly because I was fed up with the game.

If you somehow beat it, I am sure you can keep that little trophy beside your avatar for a long time. :)
One thing I could tell you is, try to master the skill of going above and below the obstacles with the same amount of proficiency. If you try to go above the obstacles all the time, that won't work in the long run. Try to deliberately go below the obstacles and be good at it.

Good luck!

Jameson said:
If you go to the arcade, the game "Chopper Challenge" does have a high score. Sudharaka is currently the champion of this game.

By the way Jameson, do you play Multiplayer chess in the arcade? What is your username there? :)

Last edited:
Sudharaka said:
By the way Jameson, do you play Multiplayer chess in the arcade? What is your username there? :)

I play sometimes although lately a lot less. Usually I just go with the default user name "Somebody" and some numbers after the "y". It would be fun to play sometime but I think we should get a better chess game on MHB first. It's not the best from my experience so we could certainly use a nicer one. Have you played there?

Great, now I'm addicted to this game (or at least, beating the high score). My best score is 787 so far... but I always get hit by one of those rotating pillars eventually. There is a certain amount of random chance involved, I often found myself crashing unfairly with no chance of avoiding the obstacle!

For what it's worth, I noticed I did a better job at avoiding near collisions when I looked at the game with peripheral vision only. Perhaps this will help someone (or not)

So... Sudharaka, how long did you play to get this high score? (Malthe)

Jameson said:
I play sometimes although lately a lot less. Usually I just go with the default user name "Somebody" and some numbers after the "y". It would be fun to play sometime but I think we should get a better chess game on MHB first. It's not the best from my experience so we could certainly use a nicer one. Have you played there?
Yep. I have played a couple of times. I also do think we should have a better chess game. The most problematic aspect of that game is you cannot register and have a username permanently.

Bacterius said:
Great, now I'm addicted to this game (or at least, beating the high score). My best score is 787 so far... but I always get hit by one of those rotating pillars eventually. There is a certain amount of random chance involved, I often found myself crashing unfairly with no chance of avoiding the obstacle!

For what it's worth, I noticed I did a better job at avoiding near collisions when I looked at the game with peripheral vision only. Perhaps this will help someone (or not)

So... Sudharaka, how long did you play to get this high score? (Malthe)

As far as I can remember, a couple of hours but not continuously(on different days). Yep, I also think you should have a little bit of luck as well. :)

This copter game is small in view, moves extra fast, and is particularly
sensitive to the copter rising so fast to hit the top with just a finger tap
(or falling to the bottom just as fast when letting go).Has anyone played the different game "Fly the copter" elsewhere on the Internet?

It is not so hyper and sensitive as this site's game and can be changed to full screen.

SuperSonic4 said:
It's really not easy :(

Yet you managed to steel the title from me again. (Doh) Congratulations, it's quite amazing to see a score of nearly 2000. Surely you are unbeatable. (Happy)

Sudharaka said:
Yet you managed to steel the title from me again. (Doh) Congratulations, it's quite amazing to see a score of nearly 2000. Surely you are unbeatable. (Happy)

(Party)

Took many attempts although I've not been playing constantly since May

Sudharaka said:

I just topped 2000 points. (Rock)

I enlarge the game to 200% and play it several times a day until I got better at it. It can be quite a frustrating game! (Emo)(Rofl)

Related to How did you achieve a score of nearly 2000 in the helicopter game?

What is "That blasted helicopter game"?

"That blasted helicopter game" is a popular flash game that involves controlling a helicopter through a narrow canyon without crashing. It gained popularity in the early 2000s and has since been replicated in various forms.

Who created "That blasted helicopter game"?

The original version of "That blasted helicopter game" was created by a flash game designer named Seumas McNally in 1999. However, many versions of the game have been created by different developers over the years.

How do you play "That blasted helicopter game"?

The objective of the game is to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to control the helicopter and navigate it through the canyon without crashing into the walls or obstacles. The longer you survive, the higher your score will be.

Is "That blasted helicopter game" available on mobile devices?

Yes, there are several versions of "That blasted helicopter game" available for download on both iOS and Android devices. Some versions may have additional features or gameplay modes.

Why is "That blasted helicopter game" so addictive?

Many people find "That blasted helicopter game" addictive because of its simple yet challenging gameplay. The game requires quick reflexes and strategic thinking, making it both exciting and frustrating at the same time. Additionally, the game's high score system encourages players to keep playing in order to beat their previous records.