How Did I Score 115.4% on My Exam?

• Thread starter QuarkCharmer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Exam
In summary: So it is not uncommon for smart people like you to run over 100 during the course.I see. So in the end, it is trimmed down to 100. Wow. Thanks for the explanation.In summary, Quark scored 97% on a 50 question exam and is congratulated by the other students.
QuarkCharmer
npooi0.jpg

115.4% lolwtf

Thanks, people of pf, for helping me to understand the material!

Physics news on Phys.org
Sweet! I used to love those exams. Mean 50%, score 97%. Priceless :biggrin:

Congrats QC!

Wow! Nice quark! Enjoy your score!

Very nice :approve:! Congrats!

Thanks!

I was expecting more of a "how is that even possible!", because frankly, I don't see how that's possible. I missed one point for losing a negative somewhere. Is it normal for physics courses to grade with such a huge curve? Where can I find sample Physics I exams to compare to?

I was going to say that, hows that even happening? you have 100.2% average and you answered more questions right than there were questions seemingly. On all your assignments too.

I thought they curved on a log scale or something so people with higher grades are less affected by the curve so you don't have people doing that.

i was going to suggest they might have got the score and number of questions mixed up, but then I saw the rest of the class have more sensible scores

I wish i can get scores like that...

Kinase said:
I thought they curved on a log scale or something so people with higher grades are less affected by the curve so you don't have people doing that.

Something like that must be going on, otherwise my total score would be higher than 100.2

Congrats!

It isn't uncommon for smart people like you to run over 100 during the course :biggrin: Profs give over 100s so that in case you blow up something in future you would be covered up by bonus marks. In the end, they trim down to 100 ... But I haven't seen one getting final course average of above 100.

Congrats Quark!

Kinase said:

Back in the olden days when I was in college, the bigger undergrad physics classes were graded on a Bell curve. Some of the profs even posted the plot of the grades, showing the classic Bell shape...

Related to How Did I Score 115.4% on My Exam?

1. What type of exam is it?

The exam is a written test covering topics in biology, chemistry, and physics.

2. How long is the exam?

The exam is 2 hours long.

3. What is the format of the exam?

The exam consists of multiple choice, short answer, and essay questions.

4. What should I study for the exam?

You should focus on understanding key concepts, formulas, and theories in biology, chemistry, and physics.

5. How can I prepare for the exam?

You can prepare for the exam by reviewing your notes, textbooks, and practice questions. It may also be helpful to form study groups or seek help from a tutor.