How Did a Summer Job at GM Turn into a 35-Year Career in Industrial Electronics?

• Thread starter Vitina
  • Start date
In summary, Gadget Guy is a popular online platform for technology enthusiasts that offers reviews, news, and guides on the latest gadgets and devices. It also provides helpful tips and tricks for getting the most out of your gadgets, as well as in-depth comparisons between different products. Gadget Guy is known for its unbiased and thorough reviews, making it a trusted source for anyone looking to purchase new gadgets.
Vitina
How did you find PF?
Found reference to PF in comment area of a few Youtube sites.
Started repairing tube radios and tv's in high school (1969) working on commission only for several local tv repair shops. By 1972 (my second year as EE major) modularization, scrubbed id's on components and custom ic's began destroying the repair business. Electronics became a hobby.
Looking for an income I got a job at GM thinking it would be just for the summer. After a few months I was visiting a friend at another plant when an area supervisor talked to me and asked me to see the general foreman. After finding I could read a ruler, he asked if I'd like to work as a lathe operator. I decided to stay working for another year.
Later trade positions opened up, and worked as an industrial electrician for the next 35 years. This includes system integration, maintenance, construction, programmable controls, robot programming maintenance and repair, broadband installation and maintenance, fiber optic communication, and troubleshooting these systems.

Likes anorlunda and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Vitina!