How Can You Adjust Text Size When It's Not Visible in Composition Tools?

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary: WYSIWYG and visible markup mode. The gear icon only turns on or turns off the tools in the toolbar menu, and the only text appearance controls available are BOLD, Italicize, Underline, and Strike-through. It is also possible to use the equals sign before the arguments when using BBCODE, such as [SIZE=2] for size 2 text.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
How can text size be controlled during composing of a post? Not found in any tools above the composition field.

Physics news on Phys.org
You can use SIZE tags like this.

Edit: Click the gearwheel icon to toggle between WYSIWYG and visible markup mode.

I see no tool for it above the composition field but since you mentions size tags, I should be able to apply such tags and test the appearance.

The gear icon only turns on or turns off the tools in the toolbar menu. The only text appearance controls I see are BOLD, Italicize, and Underline, and Strike-through.

A tagging test:
[size 2]size 2[/size]
[size 4]size 4[/size]
[size 8]size 8[/size]
That would work, if I know the correct syntax for these tags.
Apparantly I do not know the needed syntax.

-
Trying again after some guidance from Ibex:
size 2
size 4
size 8

Last edited:
symbolipoint said:
The gear icon only turns on or turns off the tools in the toolbar menu.
As with any coding, the easiest thing to do is plagiarise. What I meant you to do (although I did not say - apologies) was quote my post and click the gear icon to drop out of WYSIWYG and see the tags I used.

Generally, BBCODE seems to require an equals before arguments - so it's [SIZE=2] to get size 2 text

Likes symbolipoint
Ibix said:
You can use SIZE tags like this.

Edit: Click the gearwheel icon to toggle between WYSIWYG and visible markup mode.
Ibix said:
As with any coding, the easiest thing to do is plagiarise. What I meant you to do (although I did not say - apologies) was quote my post and click the gear icon to drop out of WYSIWYG and see the tags I used.

Generally, BBCODE seems to require an equals before arguments - so it's [SIZE=2] to get size 2 text
Yes, I just did that a few seconds ago upon seeing your last message. I did not know I would see that code. This is new to me even if not new to many other members. (I should make more use of it to see how some things are produced, when they look interesting.)

I added the text size to the editor

Likes Tom.G, Wrichik Basu and symbolipoint

Related to How Can You Adjust Text Size When It's Not Visible in Composition Tools?

1. How do I change the text size of my document?

To change the text size of your document, you can use the CSS property "font-size". This can be applied to specific elements or to the entire document using a CSS selector. For example, to change the font size of all paragraphs, you can use the selector "p { font-size: 16px; }".

2. What are the different units of measurement for text size?

The most commonly used units of measurement for text size are pixels (px), em, and rem. Pixels are a fixed unit of measurement, while em and rem are relative units that are based on the font size of the parent element. Em is relative to the font size of the current element, while rem is relative to the root element (usually the <html> tag).

3. Can I use a percentage for text size?

Yes, you can use a percentage for text size. This is also a relative unit of measurement, where the font size is based on a percentage of the parent element's font size. For example, if the parent element has a font size of 16px and you set the child element's font size to 50%, it will be 8px.

4. How can I make my text responsive to different screen sizes?

To make your text responsive, you can use media queries in your CSS code. This allows you to set different font sizes for different screen sizes. For example, you can set a larger font size for desktop screens and a smaller font size for mobile screens.

5. Is it possible to change the text size for specific elements only?

Yes, it is possible to change the text size for specific elements only. This can be done by using CSS selectors to target specific elements and applying the "font-size" property. You can also use inline CSS to directly style a specific element's font size using the "style" attribute.