How to adjust the visibility of one's last activity?

• Thread starter maNoFchangE
  • Start date
In summary, there is an option for members to hide their "last seen" activity information from other members. This can be adjusted by upgrading to a gold membership or by changing the display setting in the account upgrades section. It's possible that some non-gold members may have had their settings carried over from a previous gold membership. It is also worth noting that having multiple accounts on PF is against the rules.
maNoFchangE
Some members have their last activity information hidden to other members (it's the "xxx was last seen:" information in the box which pops up when you click on someone's name). How can I adjust this setting?

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades can switch the display setting.

But I have seen some non-gold members have their "last seen" activity hidden and some other let it visible.

They might have switched it in the past, settings stay as they are at the end of gold membership.

Actually I have another account in this forum and people can't see what I was just doing. It's not a gold membership and I don't remember setting anything during the account registration to make my "last seen" info invisible. On the other hand, this very account I use to post this thread let anyone see where I was last seen.

maNoFchangE said:
Actually I have another account in this forum
A note to anyone stumbling on this thread: PF rules only allow one account per person.

Related to How to adjust the visibility of one's last activity?

1. How can I adjust the visibility of my last activity?

The visibility of your last activity can be adjusted in your account settings. You can choose to make your last activity visible to everyone, only your friends, or completely private.

2. Can I hide my last activity on certain platforms?

Yes, you can choose to hide your last activity on specific platforms by adjusting your privacy settings for each platform. This allows you to have more control over who can see your activity.

3. Will adjusting the visibility of my last activity affect my overall account privacy?

No, adjusting the visibility of your last activity will only affect who can see your most recent activity. Your overall account privacy settings will remain the same.

4. Can I still see my own last activity even if I make it private?

Yes, you will still be able to see your own last activity even if you make it private. This setting only affects who else can see your activity.

5. How often should I adjust the visibility of my last activity?

It is up to your personal preference. Some people choose to adjust it frequently, while others may not adjust it at all. It is important to regularly check your privacy settings to ensure they align with your desired level of visibility.